rebreeding after traumatic injury

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucknercrestfarm

Reaction score
My doe had massive injury to her legs and cut down to tendons on both legs but no torn muscles and had fly strike but they didnt cause damage we wisked her to the vet were she stayed for two days. Shes doing great the breeder I got her from said I need to rebreed right away shes only had one litter and the breeder said she would be fine. Makes me uncomfortable because her injury was just a week ago is it really best for the doe? Do they really lose fertility or makes them bad mothers if I wait after a traumatic ordeal?

It is fat in the abdominal cavity that causes problems- it can constrict the fallopian tubes and prevent passage of the eggs. Keep her trim and you shouldn't have an issue. If it was only her skin that was torn and she isn't lame I wouldn't worry about breeding her.

No lameness shes trim but I feel like rebreeding her would be unnecessary stress on her body<br /><br />__________ Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 am __________<br /><br />No lameness shes trim but I feel like rebreeding her would be unnecessary stress on her body

Then go with how you feel. Wait another week, or wait till her wounds close.Its your call after all. It won't hurt her to re-breed, that being said if I personaly owned the rabbit I would wait till her wounds closed b4 I re-bred her. But that's just me, others may have different ideas. :)

Back