@#$&@$!! RATS!!! Rat proofing project.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saga continues, slowly. I got one out of 3 floors done yesterday, the mama cage was first--she won't mind me fussing around with everyone else but she is due this next week, so I wanted her settled first.

Before I started on that I leveled and cleaned the chicken run floor, so I would be kneeling on a level surface at least while I worked. I found extensive rat tunneling in the floor.
PXL_20240331_011109896.jpg

Luckily the dog helped me dig them out!

(hopefully that video runs--he was soooo happy that I was LETTING him dig!)

I moved the mama doe into the bucks cage and put him in a carrier while I worked. She is the sweetest doe, gentle and kind, but she actually grunted and grumbled at me when I came to pick her up to put her back in her cage. She is visibly very pregnant. Poor girl, I know how you feel! Here is the new flooring in the space, it was a pain to get it in there. I did not think it would ever flatten out. PXL_20240331_233501956.jpg

But it did...with eleventy million stainless steel zipties!
PXL_20240401_021132694.jpg

Its solid and sturdy and presumably now rat proof, but there are already a select few poops sitting on it, refusing to fall thru! 😢

Latest posts

Back