Rare breed of albino cottontails

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever notice how almost all the rabbits advertised on CL are, "rare breeds"?
Personally I like my rabbit well done.

My question is when the heck did we start calling pugs Chinease pugs. I'm gonna have to tell my mom that one who has two. Last time I checked according to AKC they are just pugs.

The sad thing is people will fall for that and buy them, and then excessivly brag that they have rare rabbits, then their kids will find out they don't and be very dissapointed. Not to mention the parents will be mad they spent a boat load of money on just an average rabbit.

Asinaway":cdzpfia3 said:
The sad thing is people will fall for that and buy them, and then excessivly brag that they have rare rabbits,
So true, when I worked for the vet, I can't tell you how many people came in with AKC reg. dogs that were not pure bred. They were so proud of their new puppy, spent good money and had know idea. Some figured it out, some would ask as the puppy grew bigger " do you think.........? Others remained clueless. Its really sad that people will pull this kind of thing.

Frosted Rabbits":1wvzu9wv said:
Well, Satinize the rabbit, and one could say it with a short "o" sound//
That's actually what I thought they were! I thought they had a sheen similar to Satins, and so they were called Polish (with a short "o")! :lol:

Wonder what the parents are gonna do with the iguana or "cockatoo" once the child gets bored with that as well. Who just lets their kid trade around pets like that? Pets should teach children compassion, commitment, responsibility, and respect for life, not teach them that a living thing is "disposable" or "recyclable" just because you are bored or find something else you want instead. :furious: :rant:

Latest posts

Back