Rare breed of albino cottontails

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are probably just poorly marked cali crosses. Cottontails do not tame and those are not albino since they have markings. They are himi/cali markings. Cottontails have been known to die from the stress of the sound of a human voice. You can't cage raise them and have them be pets like that. Plus their body type looks nothing like cottontails. Also it's illegal to own native rabbit species.

ya they dont have the right body for a cottontail.
i have an amish neighbor who has some rabbits and his kids brought in a litter of wild rabbits and raised them. i saw the one they still had. he said he hated the thing and it was crazy acting and of course you cant breed it to your regular rabbits...
definitely look like a poorly marked himi of some cross breeding.

Oh for heavens sake! I saw bunnies just like that for sale just before Easter this past spring at TSC!
I raised lots of wild bunnies while working for the vet and those aren't even close.
Akane is right, they stress very easily and are tough to raise successfully.
Amazing what people will do to make a few dollars!
Forgive my venting please :) that kind of thing makes me mad. :angry:

Either the poster is a scammer or believes what she has been told and was scammed. sure look like Californian crosses to me.

Miss M":327vkvt9 said:
I think Legacy's post was tongue-in-cheek!

:yeahthat:

They are cute though! :)

I think the person posting is also looking for a Cockatiel in trade, not a Cockatoo...

MamaSheepdog":17tl5hly said:
Miss M":17tl5hly said:

I think the person posting is also looking for a Cockatiel in trade, not a Cockatoo...

Oh I bet they mean cockatoo, not that anyone in their right mind would trade such an exppensive bird for rabbits!

MamaSheepdog":3dnh5xum said:
Miss M":3dnh5xum said:

that is right.. or 95 dollars.. Every one taking this and making a mole hill out of it.

Golly Gee, I had some albino cottontails, and mine must be purer since they dont have any black ears, and like a dunce I have been selling them for only $20! I'll have to up the price to $50 each, or maybe I should keep breeding them and start rolling in the dough!

Attachments

• cottontail.jpg
    cottontail.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,617
  • rabbit_polish.jpg
    rabbit_polish.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,617
I don't have a passport so no delivery outside Canada. But I don't mind putting a stamp on them and mailing to you, I'd have charge extra for the effort though, $70 each if sent through the good old postal service.

Dood":32zv7416 said:
Golly Gee, I had some albino cottontails, and mine must be purer since they dont have any black ears, and like a dunce I have been selling them for only $20! I'll have to up the price to $50 each, or maybe I should keep breeding them and start rolling in the dough!

Side track, but Wow, I thought the white one looked like a Britannia Petite. Is it really a Polish?

Lastfling":2q33v8kc said:
Side track, but Wow, I thought the white one looked like a Britannia Petite. Is it really a Polish?
...and totally :eek:fftopic: ... but is Polish pronounced like the nationality, or like the shiny stuff that protects the furniture?

Yes it's a Brittania Petite but the site I stole it from was a UK one and they are called Polish (like the country) over there. They don't show the 'American' Polish

Back