Rabitosis

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
YIKES! My 10 year old has been saving her money and researching breeds to decide which one she wants to work with to start her own bunny barn. She has pinned it down to Beverens. I thought Silver Fox, Giant Chins, and American Blues were hard to find.... not like Beverens. So, I have been looking over her research and doing some of my own and found out they come in 5 different colors but 3 are recognizes. Originally, she was planning to get 2 trios. We discussed the expense and she hemhawed to 1 trio to build up her own herd. Today, after counting her money, she has decided she is getting a trio of EACH COLOR! :? :shock: :shock:
She went from 6 to 3 (which I GUESS was just my wishful thinking) to 15!!! She wants to look in nest box and find a "beautiful mix of colors." :wbounce: Hopefully she will be able to find some that are carriers of other colors so she wont need so many of them.

Luckily, none of this will be happening until the Fall!

You do know she will need her own bunny barn soon. Sounds like rabbitosis is jumping past aquiris to nestboxitus. She has it bad must progress faster in the young.

AhHH
She just said "MOM! If they all have babies I could have 60 kits at a time! That is more than you have. I would be the bunny Queen!" :p

lissapell":37y5zsqv said:
AhHH
She just said "MOM! If they all have babies I could have 60 kits at a time! That is more than you have. I would be the bunny Queen!" :p

:clap2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :laugh2:

Wyldrose":1acua1kv said:
I love that your doing research and getting her to raise the funds :)
I can't wait to see her new herd :)

Thnaks. I require my kids to buy their own animals. She wanted a Maltese a few years ago. Those little dogs are beautiful but terribly expensive but the oldest two both bought one. They have to research the information on their own and then we review it with them and point out anything they might need to look further into. I think they have a better understanding of what is required of them so they can't back out later. It is a huge responsibility and it should be taken seriously.

MaggieJ":ttx5ozmu said:
Now you've done it! Infecting that poor innocent child with Rabbitosis! :D

:lol: Isn't that our goal? One child in each family at least must be infected- if not, who do we leave our BunnyBarns to?

lissapell":ttx5ozmu said:
AhHH

So... when is "BunnyQueen" going to join RT? She'll need help from more than just Mom if she has that many rabbits to care for! :p

Not to put a damper on Rabbitosis Aquireosis, but it might be prudent for her to start with just one or two colors and concentrate on those initially.

lissapell":kxxjm4gh said:
Wyldrose":kxxjm4gh said:
I love that your doing research and getting her to raise the funds :)
I can't wait to see her new herd :)

Thnaks. I require my kids to buy their own animals. She wanted a Maltese a few years ago. Those little dogs are beautiful but terribly expensive but the oldest two both bought one. They have to research the information on their own and then we review it with them and point out anything they might need to look further into. I think they have a better understanding of what is required of them so they can't back out later. It is a huge responsibility and it should be taken seriously.

wish my mom was like that :cry:
she does not like animals even though she grew up on a farm

Lucky girl! I plan on doing the same with my son. Thankfully he's only a year and his only interest is eating their poop. I can't wait till he understands saving money means he can buy critters :D

MamaSheepdog":35kgfwet said:
So... when is "BunnyQueen" going to join RT? She'll need help from more than just Mom if she has that many rabbits to care for! :p

She stalks under my profile now. I am sure it wont be much longer and she will have her own.
Not to put a damper on Rabbitosis Aquireosis, but it might be prudent for her to start with just one or two colors and concentrate on those initially.
I agree completely! I have found that Daddy is helping her make Gigantic decisions. He likes Bev's too and so they are pretty much working together for Rabbit dominance. Logistically, I dont see how she could manage to get 3 of each color at one time. There is just not that many breeders.

lissapell":j25pkqyu said:
MamaSheepdog":j25pkqyu said:
I agree completely! I have found that Daddy is helping her make Gigantic decisions. He likes Bev's too and so they are pretty much working together for Rabbit dominance.

They are working together for rabbit dominance??? :eek: :shock: :eek:

You lucky, LUCKY girl!

Cede the victory to them graciously... or negotiate fiercely for BunnyBarn expansions! :p

Cede the victory to them graciously... AND negotiate fiercely for BunnyBarn expansions! :p

(Fixed that for you :p)

I will have to negotiate for my own bunny barn expansion. I came home from work today and they had drawn up plans for "their" bunny barn! EACH color has its own horse stall. You can fit a lot of cages into a horse stall. I am very impressed. If they have 60 they cant complain if I have 40! I hand my BunnyQueen crown to the 10 year old who has daddy wrapped around her finger! Now they just have to figure out how they are going to feed all those bunnies. That is a lot of garden scraps.

lissapell":k9dpoxbx said:
Now they just have to figure out how they are going to feed all those bunnies. That is a lot of garden scraps.

Someone will need to enlarge the garden.....

Latest posts

Back