Rabbity Observations

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
I was sitting in the rabbitry tonight,just watching the bunnies.

I find it interesting observing the difference in breed behaviour...and perhaps it's just my particular rabbits but normally I find the loppies prone to one thing, the meats to another, the polish and mini rex as well.

So I watching them, occasionally chatting, but mostly just watching.

Someone thumped.
Not sure who...as it came from behind me...

BUT the polish went on HIGH alert! Sitting still ears perked just listening.
The mini rex did their "freakazoid" bounce and then settled into an upright position just watching.
The holland lops without fail.. thumped back and kept on munching.
The meats bounced from the feeder and sat back for a moment and then ALL of them laid down.

It was just funny to see how they all reacted. From babies up to adults they all reacted the same...oh..with one exception. My harlequin buck who'd been quietly hopping around coming to door and looking at me, looking at the doe next door, looking at me and grunting quietly.... he just continued to do the same.

I've noticed the same thing with our rabbits :)

The Harlies seemed to spray more than any of my mom's Palominos or my sister's Jersey Wooly, or any of the Mini Rex I ever had...is that just us?

Well, I'll tell ya what - those MR boys of mine sure can mess up a wall! There is more than one reason why I put everyone outdoors last Saturday!!

i just find it fascinating how different breeds can react to the same stimuli.

Bug...he just made me laugh at him with the look at the doe, look at me, grunt and lightly stomp his foot...and repeated it over and over and over. :)

Last thing at night, i will go turn off the lights where the rabbits are. Now that the two litters are up in that barn... i go in and say Good-night to them. There is something about their little faces all at the side of the cages that is ...sweet... for lack of a better word. The Chin bunnies want a skritch befor i leave. Pal buns are happy with a finger waggle. Just a Nice ending to a day...

Frosted Rabbits":y8gr6rtu said:
Random Rabbit":y8gr6rtu said:
. Just a Nice ending to a day...

And a nice way to start the day, too :)

Oh Yeah !! :) They know our routine and what is coming when. It is fun to watch. In the AM while DH waters them... i go around giving a handful of hay. Love the sounds when everybun has gotten theirs and all we hear is .. munch...munch.

But those faces... all lined up waiting.... too cute.

Before Shay finished making my hay feeders, I would put a generous pile in the middle of Pearl's cage for her and her babies. When I got to the door, all eight of them would be sitting, jostling, standing, pressing their little paws against the door, making it hard for me to open it. Cute! I was just reminded of that when you mentioned all the eager faces up at the front of the cages. :)

Latest posts

Back