Rabbits everywhere!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollitos

Reaction score
On Saturday, we taught the rabbit care and processing class for a Homesteading Days weekend. We had a great time. Each attendee was given the opportunity to process their own rabbit with our guidance and help. Pretty hands-on! So Greg butchered/helped butcher 14 rabbits on Saturday.

We just went out and weighed rabbits. We have four litters to butcher. All at 5 - 5.5 lbs. Easily close to 30 rabbits.

That poor man! He's going to be butchering rabbits in his sleep tonight. LOL

Yeah,

You said in his sleep.....was it dreams :p .....or nightmares? :x

Once you get started, you fall into a rhythm.
Each one progressively gets easier.

grumpy.

Dreams... nightmares... I don't care as long as he doesn't try to reenact it on me!

Well, 20 rabbits butchered. We still have one more litter to go. I think there's 8 or 9 in that litter. What's really awesome is that Greg's 13 year old daughter got involved and butchered too!

Wow that's alot of rabbits! Awesome that the youngster got involved...kids should understand where their meat comes from. WTG!

We finished at 25.

1025748_10152987469960019_1829983288_o_zpsb2029c86.jpg

I had soooo many rabbits to butcher 2 weeks ago before vacation I finally gave up and sold a few and gave one a pardon. Now that I am back from vacation I have 7 more almost ready and another 7 up and coming. Roasters are sounding better and better, lol.

__________ Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:38 pm __________

Poor man, he probably doesn't even want to eat rabbit anytime soon after all that.

Dinner (and lunch...and dinner again) is served!

A lot of work there. Has to make you feel good. I know if it were me, I'd keep going back and looking in there :)

Yum! Can't wait to have a freezer full like that! Have you found your classes getting bigger with time? I think that's such a neat thing y'all are doing!

Back