Rabbitry Update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
I have been trying to post pictures of our rabbitry as we add thing to it. We had to build it right next to our front door facing the house to keep the neighbors out. We are adding a shade cloth awning to the front of it to filter out the 2 hrs of semi direct sunlight and to offer additional protection from rain. The gravel can be soaked during the heat of the day to provide additional cooling. A mister is being set up to blow over the roof. There are fans at each end of both rows to be turned on during high heat of the day to help with air flow. There is also a flush system being installed to clean the drop pans into the gutter twice a day. Being that it is RIGHT next to the door I did not want it to stink. I am working on planting items around the base to offer additional cooling. Right now it has Ginger, Peppers, and sunflowers. The gutters drain into a bucket that was drilled with holes in the bottom to drain.

Attachments

• DSCF0131.JPG
    DSCF0131.JPG
    436.8 KB · Views: 680
  • DSCF0111.JPG
    DSCF0111.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 680
  • DSCF0112.JPG
    DSCF0112.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 680
:p Lovely set up indeed! How are your misters set up...is there a pump system? Nozzles in the pvc?

I am really interested in the automatic flush system you are installing. I am switching to a gutter and slant board style system instead of trays. Definitely keep us posted and post more pictures as you get it done.

Latest posts

Back