Rabbitry Name (ARBA Registration)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
I need help. (Okay, stop laughing!)

I'd like to register a name for my rabbitry but I'm not sure what to call it. Seems I'm limited in the number of letters I can use. I had thought of using the name I call my "homestead" but it's too long (Not Quite There Yet Homestead). I thought perhaps NQTY Rabbitry but it doesn't really roll off the tongue. So, there you see my problem...I'm lacking in creativity with names for my rabbitry...

If you smoosh them all together...NotQuiteThereYet Rabbitry, it is exactly 25....

OneAcreFarm":dpnvs27m said:
If you smoosh them all together...NotQuiteThereYet Rabbitry, it is exactly 25....

Oh, hadn't thought of that! :oops: :D<br /><br />__________ Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:25 pm __________<br /><br />
MamaSheepdog":dpnvs27m said:
How many letters are allowed? I need to name mine too.

Do you have ideas for your rabbitry name?

I just changed my name to Fancy That Rabbitry, and was wondering what you guys thought of it?
I like the Not Quite There Yet, I would just squish it together like One Acre Farm suggested. :)

Well, let me give you a little history. My first rabbit was a broken black Rex. A friend of mine and I had just picked him up and decided to get dinner on the way home. Here in CA there is a fast food place called El Pollo Loco (The Crazy Chicken), and we were in the drive through. When we got to the window, the girl at the register spied my bunny, and got all excited and started gesturing, asking in broken English what it was. When I said rabbit, she looked blank. So I told her it was el Conejo. So... my first rabbit was named El Conejo Loco.

I am thinking of calling my rabbitry El Conejo Loco Rabbitry... or maybe Ranch. I'm a little crazy myself, as I am sure you have noticed but are too polite to say. :)

MamaSheepdog":dbuvvho0 said:
Well, let me give you a little history. My first rabbit was a broken black Rex. A friend of mine and I had just picked him up and decided to get dinner on the way home. Here in CA there is a fast food place called El Pollo Loco (The Crazy Chicken), and we were in the drive through. When we got to the window, the girl at the register spied my bunny, and got all excited and started gesturing, asking in broken English what it was. When I said rabbit, she looked blank. So I told her it was el Conejo. So... my first rabbit was named El Conejo Loco.

I am thinking of calling my rabbitry El Conejo Loco Rabbitry... or maybe Ranch. I'm a little crazy myself, as I am sure you have noticed but are too polite to say. :)

Rancho Del Conejo Loco. El Conejo Loco Ranch. Sounds good!

"Liani of the Valley" was inspired by one of our dogs, Liani, and the fact that we reside in Grand Valley (Orangeville area) Ontario. I suppose the name truly translates to "Frida's dog from Grand Valley".

Pink":2uekacs7 said:
MamaSheepdog":2uekacs7 said:

Rancho Del Conejo Loco. El Conejo Loco Ranch. Sounds good!

"Liani of the Valley" was inspired by one of our dogs, Liani, and the fact that we reside in Grand Valley (Orangeville area) Ontario. I suppose the name truly translates to "Frida's dog from Grand Valley".

I could be wrong since my espanol is not the greatest, but can't you drop the 'el' and use the more familiar form and just call it "Conejo Loco Ranch"?

If I ever get around to registering my rabbitry, its Lorazark since the last time I did this I had way too many critters in the barn. That's become sort of my trademark name as it's also my grooming company name.

I'd take a few days to consider...write down every name you like and really think about 'em. :)

My ARBA rabbitry name is the Heathertoft. :) It will someday be the name of my future hobby farm/homestead. :)

I actually really like NotQuiteThereYet Rabbitry for a name, though. Has a cute ring to it!

Well barred r is for the barred rock chickens I no longer have. But I can't think of anything else that hasn't been taken. I've given it a lot of thought, and if I find nothing by the end of this month, it gets registered.

Okay, so I printed out my choices and counted:
Jester's Prank Rabbits--22
Prankster's Jest Rabbits--24 (I like this one better)

SatinsRule":kq08pzcr said:
How about:

North Cackalacky _________ (insert name of your primary breed)? (23 letters)

My sister in law would love that. She says that all of the time, and I thought she had just made that up.

We just started our rabbitry, been thinking of calling it Rhetta's Rabbitry after my daughter, who is 6 and adores all animals, but especially our 3 Amer. Chinchilla's. But, our micro farm (still under development, but now that we have livestock I think we can call it a farm, even if it's only 1/4 acre) is named The Dirty Bottom Farm.....That I decided wouldn't work for the Rabbitry name as you don't want your rabbits to have dirty bottoms!? Anyway, I'm enjoying reading your name ideas and why's of the name and stories behind it....

Back