Rabbitry Name (ARBA Registration)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are officially Runaway Rabbitry, ARBA #1608.

This whole rabbitry thing happened quite by accident. We randomly decided to relocate ourselves a few years ago, after my fiance and I had grown up in a small town in New York. Now where we come from it's big news if you move across the the street. Moving across the country is downright obscene... It became our joke between the two of us that we were "running away" from home. About half way across the country we began to lament that for awhile at least, we would not be able to have a dog. I had just lost my German shepherd, and my fiance had to make the hard decision to leave his elderly golden behind with his parents rather than put an old dog through a stressful move. I joked that we would get a rabbit, and we would name it Stew.

We got a rabbit after a few months, and we named it Stew. Stew led to a rabbit show, and another rabbit...then we thought we'd have just one litter...now we have a small rabbitry, some brood does, a couple bucks, enough litters here and there to maintain a small but respectable show team. It kind of ran away from us a bit.
So that's how we ended up as Runaway Rabbitry.

Typykal":3083klw6 said:
We are officially Runaway Rabbitry, ARBA #1608.

This whole rabbitry thing happened quite by accident. We randomly decided to relocate ourselves a few years ago, after my fiance and I had grown up in a small town in New York. Now where we come from it's big news if you move across the the street. Moving across the country is downright obscene... It became our joke between the two of us that we were "running away" from home. About half way across the country we began to lament that for awhile at least, we would not be able to have a dog. I had just lost my German shepherd, and my fiance had to make the hard decision to leave his elderly golden behind with his parents rather than put an old dog through a stressful move. I joked that we would get a rabbit, and we would name it Stew.

We got a rabbit after a few months, and we named it Stew. Stew led to a rabbit show, and another rabbit...then we thought we'd have just one litter...now we have a small rabbitry, some brood does, a couple bucks, enough litters here and there to maintain a small but respectable show team. It kind of ran away from us a bit.
So that's how we ended up as Runaway Rabbitry.

Good story. I was hoping something like that would happen, some good story/life event that I could cohose a decent name from. Still waiting.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:09 am __________<br /><br />
3mina":3083klw6 said:
What's your kennel name?

Sabian Shepherds. It does not fit the rabbitry at all. i wanted to call it Urban Farms, but there is a magazine with that name already, and my other choices where taken. Besides, it's a small plot in the city and not really a farm, and I don't want to name anything based on location, because I sure hope I'm not stuck here the rest of my life.

skysthelimit":2jtwxao0 said:
SatinsRule":2jtwxao0 said:
How about:

North Cackalacky _________ (insert name of your primary breed)? (23 letters)

My sister in law would love that. She says that all of the time, and I thought she had just made that up.

I actually had to look it up...I'd never heard that before! Not sure I'd use it but it does make me think of perhaps using something Southern....ummm... NotQuiteThereYet Rabbitry is first choice but I do need a second and third option just in case...

Frecs":2y6ss4w5 said:
skysthelimit":2y6ss4w5 said:
SatinsRule":2y6ss4w5 said:
How about:

North Cackalacky _________ (insert name of your primary breed)? (23 letters)

My sister in law would love that. She says that all of the time, and I thought she had just made that up.

I actually had to look it up...I'd never heard that before! Not sure I'd use it but it does make me think of perhaps using something Southern....ummm... NotQuiteThereYet Rabbitry is first choice but I do need a second and third option just in case...

You are certifiably the first person from the Tarheel State (also home to the University of New Jersey at Durham) that I ever knew of who had never heard of that before. 22 years in the USAF, and all the people I meet from that state through my current job and you are the first. :lol:

SatinsRule":37exti8v said:
You are certifiably the first person from the Tarheel State (also home to the University of New Jersey at Durham) that I ever knew of who had never heard of that before. 22 years in the USAF, and all the people I meet from that state through my current job and you are the first. :lol:

To make it worse...I'm an USAF Brat so you would think I'd have heard it but, alas, no....

Frosted Rabbits":176bglet said:
Jester?? Are you raising harlequins? ( harlequin, in "olde English' = court jester)

No, but that would be good.....It's just that the rabbit is supposed to be a trickster in native american tales. (Oddly, so is coy-ote!) And my rabbits always come up with a new way of entertaining themselves--generally destructive (to my carefully thought out environmental preparations.....gnawing cage material, having gender oddities and conflicts, you know, the rabbit-habit insanity makers.)

Resurrecting an old thread, but I just sent in my rabbitry registration form. Hoping for Mystic Tree Rabbitry, or Celtic Tree Rabbitry.

Two of my kids are named after Celtic Holy Trees, (Rowan and Willow Ashling)

I've got a rabbit named fancy that!!:)
OnTheBrightside":pdwxivkm said:
I just changed my name to Fancy That Rabbitry, and was wondering what you guys thought of it?
I like the Not Quite There Yet, I would just squish it together like One Acre Farm suggested. :)

Good luck, MoM! Nice name choices, both for the rabbitry and your kids! :D

I finally settled on Victory Garden Rabbits after the WWI and WWII "Victory Gardens" that were planted as part of the war effort. The government actually encouraged civilians to be as self sustainable as possible back then... imagine! :p

History major here lol. Granted I opted to stop spending money to go into debt, in exchange for homeschooling my kids.

I like the story behind it, I've seen it in your signature but it never clicked. :)

Mine is Dolly Rock Farm Rabbitry, of course. I try to keep all my registry names consistent. I am registered with the dairy goat association as the same and several other breed registries.

I'm enough of a dork I am trying to come up with something that's funny.

So far the winning choice is I Like Big Buns. There's a lot of food-related names floating around as possibilities, too, and enough playboy references that I'm in danger of spraining my eyes from rolling them so much.

Hoppin' Half-Pints Rabbitry:

As you all know, I breed the smallest kind of rabbit. The "Half-Pint" came from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, since her Pa called her Half-Pint since she was so small. I added the Hoppin' just because. :shrug: I suppose, if I do end up with another breed, it won't make so much sense...But, the one breed that I would consider besides Dwarfs is V. Lops. And they aren't super big.

Latest posts

Back