Rabbitosis-It's baaaaad.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonW

Reaction score
I have been told once you get it you will always have it.

No one ever warned me that if you do not get the proper treatment for it (a rabbit a day - keeps the doctor away!) you'll start to exhibit horrible side effects from the disease...

I haven't seen a real live rabbit in 19 days...

My hands feel funny like they're hollow and tingly and are craving the touch of soft downy fur.
My teeth also feel funny (can't explain that one)
Looking at pictures I thought would help ease the cravings for bunnies but it just makes it worse!
I found myself petting my fuzzy blanket as if it were alive.
I suddenly found human babies to be irresistibly adorable (and human babies always creeped me out).
I feel the starting of some downward spiral into a life filled with the despair of not having a rabbit.

However I will be receiving temporary relief tomorrow evening. I am helping a friend clean out her rabbit barn.

I reaaaaaally reaaaaally miss having rabbits :cry:

hey, when did you loose your rabbits? I missed that development.

And I get it--it never goes away. I feel the same way about horses, raised 'em all my life, I haven't been near one in a decade and just seeing one can make my throat almost close up. Luckily bunnies are much easier to keep in town!

LOL. I moved away from home and ended up smuggling a crazy little house rabbit into my tiny studio in NYC. It helped. :)

I think I'm going to see if I can have at least one rabbit here. I need something that will occupy my free time.

WOW Devon...that is hard to take...I have only been a rabbit person for a few months and already am addicted...I see places to put cages every where...and new Mommas in every doe I raise...alas...there is only so much I can do for now....how about we all send you a "Bunny Hug"...I know it is not the same...but...us rabbit people are like that ya know....so, here is hoping you get a bunny soon...tootles...

This is also the longest I have been without rabbits in 10 years. That's how bad it is.

The job is great Annette, I absolutely love being a landscaper :)

Awe, that sucks! Hopefully you can get at least one little bunny to comfort you. What if you volunteered with show or pet breeder, to do pictures of their sale rabbits, and in return you would get to spend time with rabbits. You have great photography skills!

Salvation has come!

I got my rabbit "fix" today. A friend of mine who lives in town is paying me to clean her rabbits once a week and because the Royal cut back the rabbit display size (from 130ft to 40ft) she's selling most of her breed displays and giving me 4 cages for my rabbits for one free cleaning a month :)

Oh and I earned this today sexing Satin X New Zealand crosses that were about 8 weeks old (and never handled!)
223148_10150340063578417_509668416_9561121_7465141_n.jpg

I feel so contented now.

"Saaaahweeet....now that thars a real badge of courage there girly"....I bet we could all swap scratches and bit mark photos...by the way...who forgot to tell me that raising rabbits is a blood sport...who was that...I am glad you got your "Fix" for today at least...

wow Devon I have a few of those now too...and what size are those cages you are getting and can they replace some of these blasted ones that you have to LIFT out of the tray??? I just cleaned the whole rabbitry except for TWO; that crazy half breed one and poor Cinderellie's. I got the poor bucks in the top back corner, only because he is so darn clean and wants to poop exactly in the same corner and got a huge build up of poop there so I had to struggle with that and hose his whole cage.

Back