Rabbit wormer? What is the best brand (not ivermectin)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgirl9768

Reaction score
I'm looking for a wormer becaus my rabbits all have a bad case of worms but I tried ivermectin about a month ago and it didn't work. I can see the white worms in there poop and they are all loosing weight. Have any of you used Xeno 450 Spot-on­, panacur, or pumpkin seeds? I'm thinking pumpkin seeds may be to week of an approach being that two of my rabbits have already died.ninam realy wanting to breed my does but I can't till this problem is fixed! And I have a ARBA national winning BEW buck I have the opertunity to breed with right now!

I used Ivermectin sheep drench. You need to clean the cages thoroughly, because they will reinfect themselves when grooming. The eggs aerosolize (float through the air) easily so do the sides and tops as well.

Here is my post on the topic, with necropsy photos showing the worms in the intestine:

pinworms-graphic-gut-photos-t8694.html

This is a very thorough post by Ladysown with recommended dosages for other medications:

pin-worms-t694.html

I use Piperazine on my growouts and Fenbendazole (AKA panacur) on my breeding stock as needed.

The Piperazine I know works as I do fecal floats and the butchering of my rabbits and their guts are clear, I will be culling an old breeding doe this month and will look to see if her intestines are worm free since tapeworm eggs are rarely seen on fecal floats.

MamaSheepdog":wb9w9viu said:
I used Ivermectin sheep drench. You need to clean the cages thoroughly, because they will reinfect themselves when grooming. The eggs aerosolize (float through the air) easily so do the sides and tops as well.
I already did this. I think it is a worn Ivermectin does not kill

Did you talk to a vet? Ivermectrin is broad spectrum and gets everything but tapeworms, so maybe try Fenbendozole. I'm not positive on rabbit dosages.

I'm generally a fan of all natural but if you have a parasite issue then it's time to pull out the big guns and not mess around with preventatives like pumpkin seeds and Diatomaceous Earth.

Totally weird but I would love to see pictures, I've never seen rabbit parasites before and i find it interesting.

Latest posts

Back