Rabbit Withdrawl

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cattle Cait

Reaction score
Being at college is kind of...yucky. No bunnies.

There's a resident rabbit at our apartment complex who lives under an abandoned car under the carport, I'm considering setting up a stake-out of her nest until she kindles and snatching a baby when she leaves. I think Husband would be pretty mad though, as would mama rabbit. The cat would probably be thrilled though.

Yesterday I gave wild bunny a baby carrot, she seemed a bit offended but something must have eaten it because it was gone the next day.

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if it turns out wild rabbit is a buck. No baby bunnies :(

Sigh...

What breed is the "Wild Rabbit"?
If it is a rabbit that someone set free it may be worth capturing.
If it is not a domesticated rabbit but rather a wild rabbit/Cotton-tail,
there would be no offspring produced if it is bred to a domestic rabbit.
If any are produced they will be sterile.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

No, Wild Rabbit is a cottontail or whatever wild lagamorph lives here. I'm staking Wild Rabbit out anyways, he/she is cute. I left some peas for him/her under the abandoned car and I watched him/her eat one and run back under the car, so it probably was the rabbit who took the carrot before. Or there's ten under there and I'm seeing different rabbits every time. His/her name is Gerald/Geraldine I've decided.

What a great name! I had a cat named Geraldine as a kid, my Mom picked the name to put on the vet file because at the age of three my mother took me to pick out a kitten (Dad said one cat only!) at the local cat lady's house. Well, when we got there she only had two kittens left a brother and sister. My mother could not bear the thought of separating them so we took both. On the drive home my mother asked my what I wanted to name them since they were my kitties. My three year old brain came up with Tom & Jerry after the cartoon. She did not have the heart to tell me that both characters were male....so on official record Jerry was known as Geraldine.

I have never heard of the name Geraldine before, it is strangly very pretty. I mean, most girl names off of such masculine boy names don't sound quite so charming...

Ugh. I hate names. Makes me want to start naming this again! lol.

Well, good luck with your little wild rabbit! Hope he/she/it ends up a girl and kindles for you! lol

Back