Rabbit Tetrazzini

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
So I went to allrecipes.com looking for a tetrazzini dish. Found this one.http://allrecipes.com/recipe/terrif...razini&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

I made some subsitutions.

3 pounds rabbit, cooked
1 pound sliced mushrooms
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
6 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups 2% milk
1 pound spaghetti
1 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

I personally divided it all by 3 (I didn't have THAT much rabbit).

Instructions
1. Cut rabbit into bite sized pieces. Melt butter in a saucepan, then stir in flour; cooking until it starts to bubble. Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until sauce thickens, then add milk; salt and pepper and cheese. Add turkey and mushrooms and slowly simmer.
2. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and stir into the turkey mixture. Pour into a non-stick baking dish. Bake at 450 degrees F until heated through and cheese has melted.

Final result
it's edible.
seems dry.
tastes okay.

would I make it again? possibly...but I'd make more sauce. would rather have it saucier so would most likely double the amount of sauce.

Sounds yummy! I've been looking for just the right recipe to use with the one rabbit I have in the freezer. How did you cook your rabbit to begin with?

i have learned with this recipe that it's heaps better after it sets a spell. Leftovers were just yummier. :)

oh.. how did I cook my rabbit?

I stuck it in the crockpot with bay leaves, celery, onions, carrots and sprinkled it with no salt seasoning from Costco.

half went into soup the other half to the tetrazzini.

Latest posts

Back