Rabbit Railroad

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindi Davis

Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, does anyone transport across state lines?? IF so is there a vet requirement for the rabbits ?

I need to figure out how to get a rabbit from Colorado to Eastern Oregon. Any suggestions ??

Thanks Cindi

ALWAYS get a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection when transporting rabbits across state lines. The way thingsa re going these days, you DO NOT want to be caught without 'health papers' for any animal....

THank you Both for your feed back. I will check into all of the above. and will have the breeder get a certificate for her rabbit. I may have to pay for it but..... better safe than sorry

Frosted Rabbits":1jqf0ebn said:
ALWAYS get a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection when transporting rabbits across state lines. The way thingsa re going these days, you DO NOT want to be caught without 'health papers' for any animal....

This is not a requirement except for California IIRC ... best to check the states along the route. Otherwise, this is not necessary :)

Thank you AnnClaire :) will check out all possibilities. The lil guy Im wanting to bring back is a Steel Flemish Buck and Im Soooooo excited :)

Florida has agricultural stations too. You're supposed to stop and have health papers in hand for any animal traveling with you when you come across one. Texas had a few also.

If a rescue is transporting rabbits let's say from New York to New Jersery, what paperwork do you need? Is there a website to search out this information?

every state has its own laws,,,,,,,,last i knew of Oregon had no laws pertaining to taking rabbits across state lines,,, i dont think most states do. So you need to check with the states your transporting through<br /><br />__________ Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:47 pm __________<br /><br />What kind of rabbits are you getting from colorado that you cant find in oregon?

Just make sure your tail lights work and go the speed limit. None of those states are bad to drive through and not get pulled over. I just did it a few weeks ago.(not legal advice)

a health certificate is part on the CYA way of doing things. 99.99999 times out of 100... there will be no issues. it is that miserable .00001 time that stuff happens. Totally random... but still trouble.

WA state Requires health certs on ANY animal coming In to the state. ( including earthworms !!)

and to be completely snarky... most "rescues" couldn't care less about health certificate requirements.

In washington state , its too bad that there isnt someone to rescue the rabbits from the rescue people. They may save a rabbit from being culled(as in killed) and prolong its life for a while, while endangering the the wellness of future generations of rabbits .Sick rabbits should be put down.

And what kind of life is it for a rabbit to be fixed so it cant breed. Breeding is what rabbits are all about .

Toasted, Ive rescued quite a few. BUT!!! I either find them a good home ON the understanding if it doesnt work out it comes back to me. Or it goes in the freezer. Either way its out of a bad situation. I do agree with sick ones.

Latest posts

Back