Rabbit Production Book - Feeding

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feraltydreaming

Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon, everyone.

I am working on trying to find a digital copy of Rabbit Production (2013). However, I have been told that it states that alfalfa pellets or hay should not be fed as an alternative feed because it throws off the Calcium and Phosphorous percentages regardless of what you are combing it with to feed. This seems odd to me because I have had other people who own the book tell me the complete opposite.

Can someone who has the current version offer some input? I was thinking that the discrepancy might be due to the revision that occurs from edition to edition even if most of the information remains the same, but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Also, if anyone has the current version of the book and would not mind lending it, feel free to send me a message. I need to have a digital copy (legally/partially blind), but the book (right now( only comes in print versions. I actually contacted the publisher and they gave me approval to scan a print copy as long as I do not redistribute it, so that is good at least. I would just rather not have to deal with reselling a physical copy that I buy, hence my preference to borrow one.

Thank you for your consideration and time.

Respectfully,
-Feralty-

Here it is - http://books.google.ca/books?id=ZY-8F9M ... ry_r&cad=0<br /><br />__________ Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 am __________<br /><br />It makes a distinction between pet and production rabbits and recommends pet rabbits have low protein-less than 14%, high fibre- more than 20% and calcium between 0.6 and 1.2%

Grains (ie wheat middlings) are higher in phosphorus and adding them to a diet will offset a high calcium level and bring the C:p back onto balance.

Dood":ahw2l36p said:
Here it is - http://books.google.ca/books?id=ZY-8F9M ... ry_r&cad=0

__________ Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:42 am __________

It makes a distinction between pet and production rabbits and recommends pet rabbits have low protein-less than 14%, high fibre- more than 20% and calcium between 0.6 and 1.2%

Grains (ie wheat middlings) are higher in phosphorus and adding them to a diet will offset a high calcium level and bring the C:p back onto balance.

That link only allows viewing of the contents pages. The book in it's entirety is not viewable on google.

Touch the little arrows on the top left to turn the page :)

__________ Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:51 am __________

you can jump to a specific page by putting the desired page number in the address in the highlighted spot -

books.google.ca/books?id=ZY-8F9MwBWsC&pg=PA1&lpg=PP1&vq=Table&output=html_text

Good morning.

Thank you both, Doods and Frecs, for offering the link and information. Doods, I think that it might have something to do with you being in Canada and FRecs and I being in the US, but the book is not viewable for more than a few pages to us for whatever reason. I am still on the hunt for an ebook version or someone that can allow me to scan a physical copy since I have been given the publisher's permission to do so. Hopefully, something will come up soon. One would figure that, by this point, all books would have a digital version.

Respectfully,
-Feralty-

Yes, I have, Frecs. Unfortunately, there is not a library in TN that has a copy of this book (at least according to my local library). I might end up just having to buy a copy, scan it, and resell it. I would just rather not have to do that if I do not have to, so I am trying to find other avenues, but we shall see.

As I said, I appreciate everyone's help. Thank you very much.

Respectfully,
-Feralty_

*purrs* Thank you, Dood! *grins* I received my Master's degree in 2011...and I did not think of asking universities/colleges...irony. I will call around tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Respectfully,
-Feralty-<br /><br />__________ Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:27 am __________<br /><br />*so wants to strangle something right now, laughs*

I called over 15 different universities/colleges within and surrounding my area and no one can seem to find this book. I even called the semi-local community college that specializes in animal and agricultural sciences, and they did not even have it (which had the librarian laughing, by the way). Just...wow...who knew a book would be this difficult to find in a digital version or an easily accessible print version that could be scanned. This is bordering on rediculous. I live in Tennessee, you would figure this would be very easy *laughs*.

On with the search!

Respectfully,
-Feralty-

Thank you for helping me with the search, TMTex and AVD. TMTex, when you attempt to buy that version, it says "this book cannot be purchased in this format due to a publishing error within this edition".

AVD, the page that you sent me goes to some kind of torrent website (Download Provider) when you click "Download".

I am not certain why this book is so difficult to obtain in a digital format but, hopefully, I can find the book soon.

I very much appreciate everyone's help!

Respectfully,
-Feralty_<br /><br />__________ Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 am __________<br /><br />Good morning.

Well, I managed to find the 8th edition (2000) of this book. Can someone give me an overview of how different that edition is from the new 2013 edition?

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,
-Feralty-

Latest posts

Back