Rabbit poop marbles attached with some kind of poop string ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassdawg

Reaction score
Hi i just want to make shure this is normal . The marbles are like strung together sometimes wont fall through the grate ,the strings hold them up .
Thanks for your help .

Increase your rabbit's fiber intake, decrease the pellets, perhaps... sounds like constipation, I think. Could possibly be also some hair... either way, extra hay should take care of it.

thats completely normal. we used to call them pearls. A lady i know that used to have rabbits had certin ones that would have it. She fed alot of hay so i dont think hay would help. Im pretty sure its just normal.

It is poo berries connected by fur, as others have said. Usually it will eventually stop, but it can cause fur impaction (wool block) which is often fatal. The digestive system gets blocked by all the fur, and they can't cough up hairballs like cats can. I lost a doe recently to fur impaction.

If you're just seeing a few of these, it should be okay. Definitely increase the amount of hay, and decrease the pellets. You can even stop the pellets for a few days. The hay really does keep things moving through the gut. It won't stop the dangling berries, because it is moving fur out of the gut... so it still ends up in the bunny berries. It will help keep the fur from collecting in the gut and causing impaction.

If you're seeing a lot of danglers, some say that feeding pineapple or pineapple juice can help break up or dissolve the fur. I would stop pellets altogether and free-feed hay, adding in some oatmeal (for added nutrition) after a few days if I was still seeing a lot of new danglers. I wouldn't add pellets again until the danglers were greatly reduced. If the rabbit stops eating, you'll probably lose it.

Sorry to come on a bit strong, just with losing Pearl so recently, I wanted you to know that while everything should be okay, you do need to keep watch on it. Clear the hanging berries daily so you can keep track.

give your bunny a good brushout. Get off as much loose hair as you can. :) Keep feeding hay, fresh pineapple juice helps as well.

Hey thanks for all the help i do remove the hanging marbles every day so i will feed mostly hay with only a few pellets ,also some papaya .I really appreciate the help .
Bill

Latest posts

Back