Rabbit not eating?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppinHalfPints

Reaction score
I have this one doe, Lana. I took her to a show on Saturday, and since then, I don't think she is eating. I weighed her last night; she went from 2 lb 7 oz to 2 lb 4 oz. Today, when I went out to feed, there was a lot of pellets left in her bowl. How can I tempt her to eat? I gave her 1/4 cup pellets and a handful of hay today. I'm guessing from stress; that was her last show, due to her dewlap. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 pm __________ <br /><br /> We gave her carrot tops and she's eating. I don't think she's touched her pellets though.

It could be that her water intake wasn't good at the show, in which case she wont have a good appetite. You can give her some Gatorade or another electrolyte drink. You can make your own solution at home: homemade-electrolytic-solution-t14844.html

Parsley is an appetite stimulant so you can also give her some of that. Rinse it and leave the droplets on it so she gets a little extra water.

Latest posts

Back