Rabbit meat cost , price for sale

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florida Jeff

DEER POINT RABBITRY
Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
How much should rabbit meat cost, whole or quartered up with tenderloins. I have kind of figured out to cover the cost of feed and packaging ,and cover the feed and care of the 4 breeders. I came up with $18 whole or $10.50 a pound for quartered and frozen. This includes waste disposal bags.

Has Anyone else have a price they sell meat for?

That's pretty large for a 'young rabbit' (at least looks that way to me 🤔)
Compared to a netherland dwarf I bet it would!

I think mine weigh in at 2.5 lb skinned and gutted by 10weeks or so if I free feed pellets only. They are probably 5lb live weight at that point. I sometimes let them got closer to adulthood, then they are 10lb, and yield a 5+lb carcass.

How much should rabbit meat cost, whole or quartered up with tenderloins. I have kind of figured out to cover the cost of feed and packaging ,and cover the feed and care of the 4 breeders. I came up with $18 whole or $10.50 a pound for quartered and frozen. This includes waste disposal bags.

$10 per pound.

i think you are underselling yourself....

That's about what I have to pay in Central CA. I put myself in the black at $10 a pound per rabbit processed for my family. It's going to take a few years to break even. I'm getting about 3.5 up to to 4lbs dressed at 12 weeks.
I sell mine 30$ each no matter the size.Breeding stock is 40$.

I sell mine 30$ each no matter the size.Breeding stock is 40$.
That's about what I have to pay in Central CA. I put myself in the black at $10 a pound per rabbit processed for my family. It's going to take a few years to break even. I'm getting about 3.5 up to to 4lbs dressed at 12 weeks.
What breed of rabbit do you get a 3.5-4# carcass at 12 weeks?

We process our meat rabbits at around 16 weeks.
When we got our first silver fox, the breeder shared she liked to harvest at 16 weeks for more meat for the effort and still plenty tender
This has worked well for me. That extra few weeks makes a huge difference. This pic ( not mine but a great post) illustrated well.Screenshot_20230925-125423.png

Latest posts

Back