rabbit hair every where ...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brody

Reaction score
just spent half and hour with scissors at the 2 big boys - usually I can pluck but the events of the last 2 months had them both slipping some coat and starting to get more matted then I can tolerate

Puff is huge and Franklin is fine boned but a decent size ...

I am COVERED in angora fuzz

lovely lynx fuzz AND lovely light tan (fawn?) fuzz

my house is covered in fuzz ..

I think I need to sneeze

both boys are tired out now - but enjoyed being worked over .. though Puff put up some token protests with his back feet - and Franklin nibbled on my shirt - bad bad funny funny boys

babies tomorrow!

Tell you what I do...I put on my black velvet robe and walk around the house. The angora is attracted to velvet like a magnet. All the wool will just float over to you..if it's REALLY bad on a sofa, you may have to sit down for a moment. I guarantee it to work :) Of course, there's no way to get the wool off the velvet....but eventually it will felt into a nice warm mass on the robe....sigh.

I guess I'll have to clip my rabbit outside, the rest of my family would not be happy if there was fuzz floating all over :lol:

Yeah, and almost as soon as we got Thumper, he started molting! Talk about fuzzy and FRUSTRATING!!! :x :laugh:

believe me angora coats grow back

I actually am starting to be of the mindset that people should only take clipped angoras in - that way they can learn coat care as the coat grows back

Yeah, after a few pluckings inside and fine hair everywhere, they now get plucked and clipped outside. Makes the yard look funny downwind of the bunnies but it keeps the hair out of dinner.

What a good idea, Lauren!

I made a BIG mistake the other week when I groomed and plucked the 3month olds. I did them on the ironing board, since it was up and standing in the living room. :x

I'll need to completely recover the thing now. The angora has collected in the FOAM underneath the covering. man...that stuff is just everywhere!

Why do they like to nibble on clothing while being groomed, plucked and clipped, anyway? Either that or grab the scissors and combs and toss them around?

I made the mistake of grooming and plucking on my computer table. The rabbits chewed through the telephone cord, mouse cord, keyboard cord and shredded several utility bills and managed to look completely innocent the whole time so I didn't notice the destruction until I put the last rabbit back outside. Grooming an angora is so relaxing it's downright hypnotizing sometimes.

arachyd":1wqa76bv said:
I made the mistake of grooming and plucking on my computer table. The rabbits chewed through the telephone cord, mouse cord, keyboard cord and shredded several utility bills and managed to look completely innocent the whole time so I didn't notice the destruction until I put the last rabbit back outside. Grooming an angora is so relaxing it's downright hypnotizing sometimes.
:shock: Wow!

Wow! I didn't know they could chew that fast! I woulda thought they would get a small shock chewing through a phone cord. Hmm, although perhaps not if the phone wasn't busy? Well, we aren't going to make any experiments over here, these woolies will have to make do with the occasional clothes nibble.

Cords don't seem to shock bunnies

our first house rabbit Pongo chose to hang out in the basement laundry room mostly (which is where her food water and litter were) but she loved sneaking upstairs and chewing through the phone cord if we forgot and left it in range - funny silly bunny!

I think phone cords stopped carrying an electric charge capable of shocking you in the 80's? I remember phones that lit up suddenly needed to have their own power cord and there used to be a round cord but now it is flat...I was pretty young, and didn't really care at the time, but it seems like when I was rewiring something in college my dad said something about it?

Anyhoo, I am sure that a real electric cord WOULD shock a rabbit (they can certianly shock cats and ferrets!), so house-bunny folk keep an eye out...

Latest posts

Back