Rabbit gave birth to 1 dead baby

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juankio

Reaction score
My dwarf bunny, who had previously given two litters 6-8 months apart, each gave 4 bunnies in her previous litters, today was her third litter at 31 days a night, I don't know at what time she gave a dead bunny. In the morning I picked him up, he wants to eat and drink but I wanted to know if it is normal for his third litter to only have 1 dead rabbit if he has already had experience. She has no contractions and appears to be fine. She's still a little fat, not much, do you think she'll have more and make them later?

Update: she is still eating and drinking normally, she has more territorial behavior than yesterday, I will not breed her again. The problem is the milk. Will there be a problem if you have no one to feed? How could you stop your milk production?

I've never given my Does anything for that when they didn't have any living babies and they've done just mine
What breed is she?

the extra territorial behaviour is due the complex hormones flooding her body. Milk production generally fades if there is no outlet. feeding mint can help (so I'm told).

Honestly, breeding her back immediately solves both issues. It will help her hormones to settle (and ease that territorialness) and gives her a bigger litter next time (which helps solves the solo dead baby issue. If she is normally very careful about her territory, hormones will make that worse.

Protecting kits (whether they survived or not... her body hasn't caught up to that loss) often makes does more careful of keeping their area safe. Understanding her mindset will help you make good decisions.

Back