rabbit ears

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvmybunnys

Reaction score
I have a couple rabbits that one of their ears are drooping. This is something new. Its not both ears just one. Their head is not tilted, it hasnt been hot here at all, and they are not scratching the ears. Sence they arent scratching i figure its not ear mites. The ear will fall or droop then they will shake thier head and the ear will pop back up. Whats going on does anyone know?

They may have a "lazy ear." My Champagne buck has one...his left ear droops into "airplane" position when he's relaxed. ;) Thankfully he keeps it nice and straight on the show table!!!

Kyle how old is your buck? Ive read it happends in older rabbits. Of course i dont know how much truth there is to it. These rabbits are 4 mo old. I hope they are just relaxed. Iv

He's three years old...however one of his kits, who is three WEEKS old, has a lazy ear. Same side and everything. Obviously it could resolve...the kit hasn't got full ear carriage yet, too young...but it's like my buck has a mini-me. ;)

Could be summer ear. I've seen it happen in Rex. Usually they grow out of it, or when the weather cools it goes away. Only happens in my summer litters.

Latest posts

Back