Rabbit Chow AdvantEdge Professional Blend

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Is anyone else who uses this stuff having as difficult a time trying to get it as I've been having lately? 2 different Purina feed stores have told me they cannot find any of it anywhere right now.

Do you have a Rural King or Tractor Supply near you? I think one of them might carry it. I know one of them has the Manna Pro but I thought one had the rabbit chow. Although in both places since it is chick days they don't seem to have some of the brands of feed out since they need the room for chicks.

SoINGirl":10jau57h said:
Do you have a Rural King or Tractor Supply near you? I think one of them might carry it. I know one of them has the Manna Pro but I thought one had the rabbit chow. Although in both places since it is chick days they don't seem to have some of the brands of feed out since they need the room for chicks.

We have Tractor Supply stores all over the place down here, but all they carry are the Show and Complete blend Rabbit Chows. The store manager here told me they absolutely could not get the Professional formula. He can get the Sho-formula Manna Pro, and while it's what I started using originally, it will likely what I will go back to if the dealers aren't able to get me some Professional blend feed soon.

I'm hopping mad at 2 of the feed stores I've been doing business with because after I had requested it, they knew they weren't getting it, and waited until they had originally told me it would be here to let me know they were unable to find it. This was despite me giving them my contact number. When you're told it will be 2 weeks before it will show up, you don't wait until those 2 weeks have passed by to notify the customer of something you found out shortly after they placed the order. Needless to say, I found a couple of other feed dealers to do business with.

is the advantedge profesional blend better than show chow? Isn't that a newer brand? Good luck with finding it...

The professional is higher protein, and doesn't have vegetable oil in it. Those are the reasons I would rather feed professional, and the one that stares out at me the most is the oil. The last time I fed an oil supplement during the summer, I nearly lost everything I had.

Another good feature of the Professional blend is that I tend to feed less of it, and the rabbits seemed to respond to it rather well when I began feeding it.

SatinsRule":38fatawd said:
The professional is higher protein, and doesn't have vegetable oil in it. Those are the reasons I would rather feed professional, and the one that stares out at me the most is the oil. The last time I fed an oil supplement during the summer, I nearly lost everything I had.

Another good feature of the Professional blend is that I tend to feed less of it, and the rabbits seemed to respond to it rather well when I began feeding it.

Ah, a case of 'fit' prevailing over 'fat'

Frosted Rabbits":2ertzaxp said:
SatinsRule":2ertzaxp said:

Ah, a case of 'fit' prevailing over 'fat'

Terry, I really cannot explain it other than to just state what happened many years ago (summer of '81). I lost most of my herd during a very dry, hot summer, and I began looking for possible contributing factors. The one which stuck out as the most likely one was the oil-based supplement I'd been feeding for the latter half of the summer, and that was when I lost the lion's share of my rabbits in a 45-day period of time, when the rabbits began to stop eating. I eliminated it altogether with what stock I had left, and the problem went away.

I recently switched to Show formula RC, and slowly but surely the problem began to rear its ugly head again. The rabbits began laying off on eating. That had not happened with the Manna Pro feed I used previously, and it began to go away with the one bag of Professional RC I picked up 2 weeks ago.

It may work in some parts of the country, but it doesn't work for me to put oil supps into my feedings.

Latest posts

Back