Rabbit and invermectin use

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbremount

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to Rabbits and recently bought rabbits that did not receive good care. I want to administer ivermectin to my rabbits for parasites and mites. My feed store sells the 1% Ivermax injectable in the 50ML bottles. I have read that it is .1cc per 1 lb, but then again some say .1cc per 5 lbs. What is the doseage for a 10 lb rabbit?

Oh, where can I buy the proper syringes? Are the tuberculin syringes the one to use?

this site gives info on dosages of meds for rabbits and I've found it to be pretty useful - Just find Ivermectin in the list and add the weight of your rabbit on the right. You'll have to do a little math to figure out how many CC/ml http://www.morfz.com/rx/drugcalc.html

fyi - there is 10 mg of ivermectin per ml in the 1% solution.

I personally just give ivermectin orally to any animal I'm treating, I find it easier to squirt it in a mouth using a syringe or mixing it with something they will eat quickly. Rabbits I'd just squirt it in their mouth :)

are you positive they need worming? feed stores usually have some syringes - you'll need a very small one either 1 CC or a 3 CC if you cant get a 1 CC.

Can someone make this simple and tell me how much to give a 10lb rabbit! Maybe for the experienced this is a simple question, but I am new to this. I want to verify my figures before I dose the rabbit.

I plan to use a TB syringe and give it orally.
(Syringe like this)
100_2377_zps74bf5bfa.jpg

Homer":6clfs19w said:
I use .08cc per pound. So a 10# rabbit X .08 equals .8cc and squirt it in their mouth. I then repeat one time after 14 days.

Thanks,... this the correct amount I should draw on this syringe?
100_2382_zps130e5155.jpg

Back