Rabbit and Barley Soup

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HendricksHearth

Reaction score
I have been cooking beef and barley soup in the crock pot all day and just had a sip- it is so yummy! I was thinking that rabbit or chicken and barley would also be delicious, here is the modified version of what I made today:

2 pounds chuck roast or rabbit meat
4 packets of beef bouillon
5 cups of water
1 chopped or minced onion (your preference)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
3/4-1 cup pearl barley
1 teaspoon salt/pepper to taste
2 carrots, sliced up
1 cup chopped fresh parsley

Chop the meat up into bite-sized pieces and put all ingredients except the parsley in the crock put and cook on low for at least 8 hours. Add parsley and any seasonings you like just before serving.

Makes a LOT!

Enjoy,

Lauren

My wife made a stew with one of our fryers and i was just thinking as i ate the last bowl that some barley would hit the spot with it, looks like a good recipe!

This sounds delicious! I think I'll have to try it...I'll have to buy some rabbit since I have no fryers yet but ooh I'm looking forward to eating this!

__________ Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:06 am __________

This sounds delicious! I think I'll have to try it...I'll have to buy some rabbit since I have no fryers yet but ooh I'm looking forward to eating this!<br /><br />__________ Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:32 am __________<br /><br />Yay! Another yummy sounding recipe to try! I must get me some more wabbits to et lol to quote a friend :lol:

Latest posts

Back