rabbit abscesses

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmabb

Reaction score
I have two does that have abscesses on there feet. I drain, rinsed with rubby alcohol and applyed ointment followed by a bandage. I've read this happens at times and is hard to cure. Please tell me does anyone else having the same problem? My spirits are low :cry: about my girls and I just want them to get better. :cry: My bucks and grow pen dont have them and are fine. I've read site on them and such. Can anyone just give me some advice on what to do or what I've dont already good enought? :cry: :bunnyhop: :cry:

When you say abscesses, do you mean pus-filled swellings or do you mean sores on the hind feet caused by abrasion of the wire floors? (What most people refer to as "sore hocks".)

Perhaps you could give us more detail of the type of wound... It would make it easier to give useful advice. In any case, I would not use rubbing alcohol on open wounds. It really burns and may also damage tissues.

I would clean with hydrogen peroxide (it helps break down the pus) and then put on a good antibiotic ointment or bag balm. If it is possible, keep it on clean shavings or straw rather than wire until it has healed.

Yeah ive had it to where ive had to treat it a couple times but should go away ok if you treat it.

Latest posts

Back