Questions feeding calf manna

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmabb

Reaction score
I have a few does that have finished weaning and have earn there "time off" for awhile. Today I picked up some calf manna to help build up there condition again and put some weigh back on. The bag reads to give them 1 tablespoon daily. Do I do it daily or every other day? And how long do I give it to them? :?: :?:

Give it to them daily for about 2 weeks, then gradually reduce it. You won't want to leave them on it for very long, as they'll become accustomed to getting it every day. Also, stop feeding it to them altogether if they stop eating their regular feed. Giving them timothy hay is a good other option, and many on here would argue that it should be the first feeding option to getting their weight, appetite, and conditioning restored.

Personally I'd use sunflower seeds and never touch calf manna full of corn and lower quality grain ingredients just designed to put on fat. Has a much healthier nutrition profile and higher kcals for building not just flesh but good coat back on.

I give them there correct amount in the afternoon- evening. I can do 2 weeks. thanks, thats all I needed to know

Latest posts

Back