Questions about RHDV2

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espiritus

Reaction score
I have several general questions about RHDV2:

1. Does anyone vaccinate, and, if so, is it a live vaccine? Does the vaccine shed?

2. For those buying used cages, how are you disinfecting the cages to insure you aren't bringing RHDV2 (or any other communicable disease) into your rabbitry?

3. What bio-security are you utilizing to prevent transmission from native rabbits? How high are you placing outdoor cages to prevent nose-to-nose interactions?

4. For those using movable housing so their rabbits can forage, how are you insuring the ground forage isn't contaminated by wild rabbit urine/feces (although I assume one could see feces)?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I have several general questions about RHDV2:

1. Does anyone vaccinate, and, if so, is it a live vaccine? Does the vaccine shed?

2. For those buying used cages, how are you disinfecting the cages to insure you aren't bringing RHDV2 (or any other communicable disease) into your rabbitry?

3. What bio-security are you utilizing to prevent transmission from native rabbits? How high are you placing outdoor cages to prevent nose-to-nose interactions?

4. For those using movable housing so their rabbits can forage, how are you insuring the ground forage isn't contaminated by wild rabbit urine/feces (although I assume one could see feces)?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
I must have posted this incorrectly as only the 1st question seems to appear. Hopefully, by posting this comment, the remaining pieces will post.

Latest posts

Back