question on 5 day old kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julz

Reaction score
Last saturday my NZX doe had her 2nd litter this year and 3 out of 9 are really smaller than the rest and really wrinkly and golden in places where their fur is just coming, is the wrinkling common? and the last kits were not golden looking either perhaps its too early to make any judgement but the last litter did not appear like this and she culled one yesterday which looked bigger than the rest which was the same that happened with the kits she culled from her last litter...seems strange that she didnt cull one of the smaller ones?

The yellow looking stuff could be dried placenta (sp?). If its really hot in the box, they can have a wrinkled look. Pictures would help :) Culling just because of just that...seems a little strange to me unless there's some thing visibly different to make them sickly or some thing like that, but that's just me.

Thanks, we lost another 2 kits the same happend last litter 7 0ut of 10 survived, they a week old now and all looking fed and wrinkles have gone, only one has a few goldeny wrinkles so as long as they looking well and feeding i would say all ok...just looked a little weird thanks again :)

Back