question for those involved in 4-H

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmfarm

Reaction score
This year I started a 4-H club in my community. It is a small town with a K-8th grade school with classes that have around 15 kids each (kids go to high school in the next town over). I sent out a letter through the school about the new 4-H and had 8 kids other than my 2 interested in joining. Then none of them followed through (exempt for 1). We have the club chartered for the year but if we don't get our 5 members it won't be chartered next year.
Anyone have suggestions to get more people involved, or should I just give up?

Target the parents. Parents like to put their kids in stuff like that and younger kids will often just go along with it even if it isn't their idea.

have you looked into local home school co-ops or private schools. I'd say 80 percent of the kids in my girl's club come from one of those situations. The local private school is super small so it doesn't offer a lot of extras 4-H helps fill that gap. The club we are a part of is more of an all-inclusive type club, it used to be a horse club but it was redone to improve membership.

Latest posts

Back