Question about colours..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonSpiritMom

Reaction score
So i have a trio of what i was told was NZ/Flem crosses. All three are chin coloured. One does has longer hair.. as if she's trying to shed her winter coat.. its just odd. The other doe looks exactly like the buck. I was told that these rabbits come from the same sire (possibly does as well.. i have no idea the person who gave them to me doesn't know. wonderful eh?) anyways... the two does are bred by my buck "Big Guy" and due to kindle around April 1st.

The kits.. I'm assuming will also be Chin coloured? so id there a possibility for other colours? i mean i guess anything is possible right but what are the odds of me getting something like... a red or a broken? pretty unlikely eh?

I'm still trying to understand how the colour genetics work in rabbits. lol

You won't get red or broken

You could get blacks if the parents secretly carry the self gene, or REW (red eyed white). Himilayan is a possibly if there is Californian in the ancestry

You may get sables or frosty/ermine but these are unlikely in meat rabbits but not impossible ;)

Latest posts

Back