Puppies coming soon!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm Girl

Reaction score
Our dog is getting ready to have pups. I think she is going to have them this afternoon.
YIPPEE!!! I just love to hold and snuggle puppies. :D

Shara":16xzeqzi said:
OH! What breed?

They are total mutts, but any puppy is cute...almost. :)

The momma is, 1/2 Rough Collie 1/2 English Shepherd.
The Daddy is,1/2 Anatolian, 1/4 Rhodesian ridgeback & 1/4 Fela (not sure on the spelling)
What mutts!

Terry, I LOVE puppy breath smells so good. :D

I think shes waiting for us to be gone to have them.
Gotta go somewhere tonight, and we will be gone tomorrow too. ;)

She is so funny, shes laying in the hay in our barn, and when I come to check on her she just groans and moans. :lol:
I hope the pups won't be to big for her, the daddy is considerably bigger than her.

Farm Girl":8br1hih3 said:
Shara":8br1hih3 said:
OH! What breed?

The momma is, 1/2 Rough Collie 1/2 English Shepherd.
The Daddy is,1/2 Anatolian, 1/4 Rhodesian ridgeback & 1/4 Fela (not sure on the spelling)
English Shepherds are sometimes called "Farm Collies" Fila Brasilerio is what you are looking for- a HUGE South American origin mastiff breed. Anatolians have a notoriously high metabolism- for some reason they need tons more food than other LGDs. I sure hope the pups don't inherit THAT aspect of their daddy's background.

If your dog hasn't had them after 24 hrs of what sounds to me like labour,(or past due date) you better get her to a vet fast! Sounds like she needs a C-section. But I hope everything has turned out well! Pups need to be in a straight line from their nose to tail tip in order to be born (or vice versa as half of the pups can be breech!) A lot can happen from a pup getting his head turned to just being too large to pass...

I don't think she was actually in labor, just getting ready.
She still is not doing anything.
The place she wants to have them is in the house...NOT. :lol:
I wouldn't mind if she had them in the house, but others do mind. ;)

Do you know her actual due date? I went through this with my dog and she didn't really act like she was in labour till 2 days after her due date!! The first pup to be born had his head turned sideways, we saw that in the x-ray at the vets. We took her because of her labour being unproductive at this point! So keep a watch on her and try to persuade the "others" that she might need to come into the house!! Good luck! :)
PS We got a litter of 5 pups and they all arrived safe and sound!!

She had 1 this morning, it was dead. Hoping the others are alive.
I'll update you later today.

We took her to the vet the other day and there didn't seem to be anything wrong. Thanks for the advice DML :)

Humfh, I guess that 1 is all she is going to have. It is so sad that it is dead. :(
I feel so sorry for her, she loves having puppies.

No more posting anouncments until I know that there is actually something to post about.
I thought that she was fatter than 1, maybe she was just in good condition.

boo hoo
i don't think your pupple luck got here in time Shara.

Farm Girl said:
No more posting anouncments until I know that there is actually something to post about.
quote]
I know what you mean... :cry: sorry to hear it...better luck next time.

Latest posts

Back