Pulled hair, now what?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopsofun

Reaction score
I bred my female jersey Wooly exactly one month ago today. She started pulling hair and building a nest yesterday. She has pulled out A LOT OF HAIR! When can I expect kits? I checked on her at lunch and she is just hanging out outside the nest box. I have never bred rabbits before so I don't know what to expect. She doesn't look pregnant. I have heard of rabbits doing this and not kindling.

Sounds like she has every plan of putting something in that nest. Wait a few more days. Most have them on day 31 I believe.

Wait patiently, don't expect her to lay with the kits, or ever care for them when your looking, and take LOTS of pics for us when your sure she won't mind you messing around in there :D

:popcorn:

I hope she has some. Our family is really excited and we will be bummed for sure if she shoots a blank.

lopsofun":30hdipor said:
I hope she has some. Our family is really excited and we will be bummed for sure if she shoots a blank.

Umm...I'm not quite sure how to say this, but...it's not usually the female who "shoots a blank." :wink:

OTOH, here's hoping she has healthy kits and is a good rabbit mom! :)

Whatever you do, do not remove the nest box even if you think she missed. I don't know how many times people have done that only to have the doe kindle on the wire a day or two later, with the result that the kits usually die of chilling.

Hope she kindles soon!
:bunnyhop:
:lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny: :lilbunny:

Back