Processed today

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Rose Rabbits

Reaction score
So, processed some growouts today. Did six (pretty nice considering the bursitis in my shoulder) for a total dressed weight of 13.6#. Not quite as much as I thought I'd get, but I had a couple that were just not growing and I think probably had a live weight equal to that of my only Lionhead. So, as long as my should continues to be agreeable, I have at least 2 more growouts, and 1 senior buck to process tomorrow.

All in all, though, not a bad haul. One of those rabbits will give me lunch and dinner for my husband and myself for 2 or 3 three days. I call that a win!

I had two unplanned litters on top of my usual production. Didn't get the sexes seperated out early enough. For a while I had so many growouts I almost had to stack them up but they finally got to fryer size and I whittled them down. Now my freezer is bulging with packaged meat. I'm having a yard sale soon after Christmas and I'll put an ice chest with frozen rabbits out at the same time. Maybe I can increase my customer base.

Latest posts

Back