Pregnant Bun day 32 no babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray06

Reaction score
Hi! So I have a pregnant Californian doe who’s on day 31-32. She has a nest but no pulled fur and has a big appetite. Confirmed fetal movements so babies are still alive. Last time she went over her due date all 7 kits were stillborn. Not sure if I should do anything like giving her lavender?

Well, one of my does rather consistently kindled around day 34-35 her first years, today was day 30 and I think it'll take a few more days, still eating well and digging, quit likely there'll be easter bunnies.
All I do is making sure they have enough calcium when the time comes, feeding quite a lot of dandelion if available and putting a little ground up egg shells on their food, an option is to offer them a Tums (fruit flavoured is said to be accepted quite well)

I'm not sure about lavender, don't know of positiv effects in that situation, but it's of the mint family and mint is something I would definitly avoid with pregnant or lactating does.
EDIT: Well, read up a little, mixed opinions out there..., if it really helps to get things moving and your doe has a history of problems, it might be something to consider, although I think the power of such plants gets quite overestimated anyway.

Last edited:
Not every Doe has Kits exactly on the due date
It's common for them to make the nest very close to kindling, ex. an hour before

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back