Postpartum Instructions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the six babies are doing well; the white brokens are well fed and one of the black brokens (I don't even know what to call that color--they have white toenails and a white spot on the top of their heads!!) looks like it was late to the dinner table. The three black brokens are almost identical and I had to take a marker to them and write a 1, 2 or 3 on each one. I'll keep an eye on the one late to dinner.

So.... my question is this: What kind of postpartum care does the doe get?

She's getting parsley, lots of water, all the hay she can eat, and unlimited pellets. I'm going to let her out for a bit of exercise tomorrow after this icy snow passes through.

Is there anything else ya'll suggest?

Sounds like all is going well... You could try to pull that single one that may not be eating as much and feed him alone in your lap. Either flip the doe, or hold her over him so he has access. I have never done anything more than what you have already done for my does, but somebody else may have some other ideas of extras you could do. :)

I check the doe's spine, and if it seems she is being taxed and is thin, I will add some oats or BOSS to her feed to help her out.

I also start adding a bit of oats to the nestbox once the kits open their eyes.

Latest posts

Back