Possibly stupid newbie-style question...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
...so two of the Mini Rex I bought are registered. I was looking over their registration certificates today, and it says if sold to fill out the little box on the back where their pedigree is listed, and send in the info with a $2 fee for transfer of ownership. Do I send in the whole certificate of registration??? Do chop off the part with the box? If I send both in, can I make the cheque out for the total amount? In fact, since getting a cheque would be a hassle, can I get a money order instead????

On the upside, I'm TOTALLY jazzed that since both the buck AND doe are "RED WHITE" registered, all their kits are eligible for "RED WHITE BLUE" on their certificates. I don't know why but that just TICKLES ME PINK. ;)

Wow, Patriotic Popples! :p

I have no idea of the answer to your question, but I would assume you send the whole form. :?

If you don't get an answer, give ARBA a call. They are very nice and helpful when you have questions.

MamaSheepdog":31jfly9e said:
Wow, Patriotic Popples! :p

I have no idea of the answer to your question, but I would assume you send the whole form. :?

If you don't get an answer, give ARBA a call. They are very nice and helpful when you have questions.

Good idea! Had not thought of that. :? Thanks!!! I may toss them a call............right now. ;)<br /><br />__________ Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm __________<br /><br />Okay then! Just talked to the registration department of the ARBA, she said yes to send in the whole certificate so that a new one can be issued, they DO take money orders and yes, make it out for the total amount due for both transfers. :) Awesomesauce!!!!

...........now to go get a money order made. :)

send the entire form. You could also give a debit/credit card if you don't want to send a check with.

Both certificates, a money order for $4 and a little note thanking them for their time are now in the post box. :)

Now to eagerly await new registration certificates!!! :D

I hope you made and kept a copy of the certificates.
Also, the bunnies will only be red/white/blue registered if these two are bred together.
If you breed the buck (or doe) to a rabbit that is NOT already red/white registered, then the babies won't be red/white/blue.

Good job tho. Pedigrees are too easily faked. This is my own personal opinion, but I believe the true perfection of the breed is in registered rabbits.

luvabunny":3k6qxqwc said:
I hope you made and kept a copy of the certificates.
Also, the bunnies will only be red/white/blue registered if these two are bred together.
If you breed the buck (or doe) to a rabbit that is NOT already red/white registered, then the babies won't be red/white/blue.

Good job tho. Pedigrees are too easily faked. This is my own personal opinion, but I believe the true perfection of the breed is in registered rabbits.

...well yeah, I kind of meant the kits of that pair will be "red white blue," sorry if I wasn't specific. :)

Thanks! :) I think this buck and this doe are a particularly good match...I'm so eager to see what they can produce. They compliment each other so well. :)

I have no idea either, but how cool is that?! It would be even better if your potential "red, white, blue" registered litter turned out in the colors of red... white... and... wait for it... blue! Although I don't know what colors your buck and doe are so that probably isn't possible, but a girl could dream.

SarahMelisse":1yxwn3hq said:
I have no idea either, but how cool is that?! It would be even better if your potential "red, white, blue" registered litter turned out in the colors of red... white... and... wait for it... blue! Although I don't know what colors your buck and doe are so that probably isn't possible, but a girl could dream.

I'm actually not certain what colors they'll make...the doe is blue, the buck is a REW with a lot of chinchillas on his pedigree. :) The blue doe's sire was a REW, so they could make some SUPER little REW kits...but I'm shaky at best when it comes to what makes a Chinchilla...and since I don't think the buck carries dilute, I doubt they'll make blue kits. However...hold back a buck from them and breed back to the doe, and bam...possibility of blues. :)

LOL, no reds though. ;) They are only pseudo-patriotic. :lol:

a chin can carry rew. But a rew cannot be a chin because the loci is the same for the chin and rew gene. It can be an agouti though and chance is good you could get castors. Blue chins (which is not recognized), opals, but only if the buck does carry dilute.

With the limited info above... rew and castor

Back