Popples!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilder

Reaction score
We have bunnies!!

Went to check on the rabbits this morning and found that Momma Bun Bun had her litter during the night.

8 live ones and one stillborn in the box. Will make a more detailed check in a couple hours after the kids are at school and momma has had a chance to rest up.

We also have eggs in the incubator starting to hatch. One pip and several that are moving non-stop right now. Should be a fun weekend on the farm! :D

20130228074842.jpg

Aww! What cute little popples! :p

You could take some nice Easter photos with chicks and bunnies in a couple of weeks. :p

Just checked in on the litter. My count was off.

We have nine popples in the nest! 2 spotted like momma, 2 black, and 5 bare naked pinkies. Little buggers were squirming around so much I nearly got a headache trying to count them properly.

I have not seen momma in the nest with them, but I have not been paying much attention to them this afternoon. We had our first chick hatch about a half hour ago.

chickg.jpg

(slight hijack)

Bilder- what kind of incubator are you using? We gave up on ours and took it back after a complete failure. I think we're going to build a broody hen pen for hatching, but I would love to get the name of a reliable incubator for a back up plan.

I built my incubator. Used a free cooler off Craigslist and Home Depot for the rest of the parts. backyardchickens.com has lots of info on building your own.

I kept my temp in the 98-100 range and the humidity around 35-40%.<br /><br />__________ Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 pm __________<br /><br />
TheLittleBunny10":118lu2gt said:
aww... your chick is so cute!
what breed are they?

They are state of the art, selectively bred, super hybrid mutt chickens. :D

Flock I got the eggs from has a variety of hens (Reds, Rocks, Lops, Easter Eggers, and a couple Polish) and all the roosters are Easter Eggers. Got all colors of eggs in the incubator so we should have a pretty diverse flock.

Just had a second chick hatch out with another working hard at it. My daughters have barely moved away from the incubator the last four hours.

TheLittleBunny10":3hl203xx said:
aww... your chick is so cute!
what breed are they?

They are state of the art, selectively bred, super hybrid mutt chickens. :D

HA! HA! love that kind!
they lay the BEST eggs!
I had a super hybrid mutt cockerel and he was the BEST roo EVER!
he LOVED to be held and we had crowing contests!<br /><br />__________ Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:08 pm __________<br /><br />what?!?!
lops?!?!
never new there was a kind of lop chicken!?

Back