poor sick rabbit *GRAPHIC*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lissapell

Reaction score
I posted this to FB so you might have seen it already. If you have followed our thread you may recall we had been dealing with pasturella. Saturday was the big clean out day. We culled all 13 of the stock we had left.
My brother came over to help me so we could get some good records since we were forage feeding.
We ended up with 10 rabbits that had spotty lungs. Of that 10, 8 of them had excess fluid and 3 of them had chest cavities with excess fluid. With all the excess fluid I am very surprised they were not wheezing to the point we could hear them breathing. They were still extremely affectionate and playful even being this ill. The symptoms would come and go only hearing a sneeze occasionally. I was very surprised by the level of damage visible for a rabbit in such a good disposition. The only picture of the organs I took was of my little "lap dog." She loved a good tummy rub and would get huffy if I did not spend the appropriate amount of time with her.
All the lungs looked like this one of very similar.

Attachments

• DSCF0059.JPG
    DSCF0059.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF0049.JPG
    DSCF0049.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 259
Being "prey" animals, rabbits won't show illness if they can help it. It is a weakness that makes them vulnerable to predators, so they hide it well.

Latest posts

Back