Pomegranate?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frecs

Reaction score
I got a great deal on some pomegranate trees/bushes today. So, I'm wondering if rabbits can eat the leaves/branches/fruit of pomegranate?<br /><br />__________ Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 pm __________<br /><br />I found reference to a study that found that pomegranate acts as a natural contraceptive for rabbits and cavies. It didn't say what part of the pomegranate (leaves/seeds/pulp)...

Rabbits can eat the fruit in small amount. it is atheistic so just be careful. Pomegranates are actually a great anti inflammatory. I'm not sure about the wood and leafs though. I also never herd about the contraceptive effects but I guess don't give to a rabbit you want to breed soon

perhaps she meant anestetic? like pain relief? never heard of it though.
how long is the fruit good for after its opened? my sister got one and never finished it so the insides are in a tupperware in the fridge... been a while though.

MaggieJ":11qrzq51 said:
it is atheistic so just be careful.

I don't think you have the right word here, Cowgirl. Atheistic refers to rejection of belief in any god. Perhaps if you describe the effect of too much pomegranate we can help you with the term you are looking for.
Hahaha sorry acidic

Pomegranate is so delicious. I've never offered it to my rabbits probably cause I think they are super delicious and I find it hard to share haha not sure if they are good for them or not.

Frecs":37u8k2mt said:
I got a great deal on some pomegranate trees/bushes today. So, I'm wondering if rabbits can eat the leaves/branches/fruit of pomegranate?

__________ Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 pm __________

I found reference to a study that found that pomegranate acts as a natural contraceptive for rabbits and cavies. It didn't say what part of the pomegranate (leaves/seeds/pulp)...

How did this go?? i have a HUGE overgrown bush that i plan on pruning, and would be great if i could just feed them the twigs and leaves!

Back