PLease read this

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary Ann's Rabbitry":3icc3xtt said:
I seen a oat or maybe a barley under her nose.I think she had this up her nose and kept on sneezing to get it out.

In CA we have a type of grass that has awns (seed heads) called "foxtails" and they commonly get into dogs noses, ears, and between the toes. They are so sharp that they pierce the skin, and "migrate" into the flesh, requiring surgical removal in some cases. They have backward pointing spines, so they can only travel forward. I have treated a few dogs that have gotten them up their noses by squirting olive oil up their nostrils- it lubricates it enough that they either sneeze it out or inhale it... but whichever way it goes, they stop the incessant sneezing moments after being treated.

I'm glad you figured out what it was!

One of my bucks had one sneezing session last week which as best as I can figure out was actually a temper tantrum. He gets mad that I make him wait in line for the fresh goodies and that day as part of his tantrum he sneezed repeatedly. Hasn't sneezed since. Silly boy. So impatient! Scared me, though, as I was afraid I was about to lose my big boy.

Pearl, my one doe, would start sneezing after being in with the buck for a few minutes. Once she was back in her cage, she was fine. :roll:

Frecs":1cqtjxej said:

One of my bucks had one sneezing session last week which as best as I can figure out was actually a temper tantrum. He gets mad that I make him wait in line for the fresh goodies and that day as part of his tantrum he sneezed repeatedly. Hasn't sneezed since. Silly boy. So impatient! Scared me, though, as I was afraid I was about to lose my big boy.

I have a doe that will run in circles, squeal like a pig, then sneeze when I put her with the buck. :lol:

OneAcreFarm":2fnwv8ao said:
Frecs":2fnwv8ao said:

I have a doe that will run in circles, squeal like a pig, then sneeze when I put her with the buck. :lol:

One of my does will probably act like that! She can run in circles with the best of them! She has even run on the walls of her cage!

Oh, I thought the world was coming to an end earlier this week ... my 2 pregnant does were sneezing (no snot, tho), then the junior doe and buck started sneezing. We are well into spring right now, but most of the allergens have been going for several weeks so I tentatively ruled out allergies. Well, I finished the adults pen Wednesday and tried out the junior buck and doe that evening, then the next day, let the 2 adult does and buck in for some run time. I didn't hear one sneeze and they have had run time every day since, with no more sneezing at all! Go figure :lol:

Back