Plant(s) ID, Q? Picture heavy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if these can be fed to the rabbits.<br /><br />__________ Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:04 pm __________<br /><br />- There have been 10 views of this post, and I may be the one that has done all 10. So, this comment should pop this to the top of the queue.
- I hope someone recognizes what these are. If they do not get recognized today, will go ahead and give this cutting to the chickens. The chickens have had the ground plants before, and have not had a problem with them. The thorny bush / tree, I will wait till, I get an ID on that one.

Attachments

• ThornTree2.jpg
    ThornTree2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 635
  • ThornTree1.jpg
    ThornTree1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 635
  • WildOnionGarlic.jpg
    WildOnionGarlic.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 635
  • YellowFlowerByWild.jpg
    YellowFlowerByWild.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 635
  • YellowFlowerByMailBox.jpg
    YellowFlowerByMailBox.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 635
  • GrassTwoOrMoreTypes.jpg
    GrassTwoOrMoreTypes.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 635
  • GrassTwoOrMore.jpg
    GrassTwoOrMore.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 635
  • NextDoor.jpg
    NextDoor.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 635
My Mulberry tree doesn't have any thorns on it...

The pics are real blurry.
The last grass looks like the mess I have. Is it a lighter green, dry, almost soft feeling to it? When you pull it, does it have lots of shoots where new grass grows? W/e the plant is, if it's the same, my rabbits hate the stuff and so do I, very invasive junk.

Wild onion grows in small clumps, about 10in tall, round and floppy stems/blades. Just pluck one, it should smell like onion.

Grass mine hate.
bun6.jpg

'I think' the little yellow flowers are
Calyptocarpus vialis Less.
Straggler daisy, Horseherb, Hierba del caballo, Lawnflower
Asteraceae (Aster Family)
http://www.wildflower.org/gallery/resul ... mage=21712
Seems nontoxic. I have a lot of it, and do not know how the rabbits will handle that much. If it is just ok, in small amounts or if it is alright to feed, in 'any' amount.???

nicnmike":39omvukt said:
The tree looks like toothache tree, Zanthoxylum clava-herculis
devil's walking stick, Prickly Ash, Tickle Tongue Tree, Toothache Tree, Texas Hercules Club
- Seems as if it can be toxic to rabbits, and it right in the middle of my rabbit grass area, will see about putting it on CL or freecycle, because it seems like a tree that some people may want. The flowers and leaves are used by the giant swallowtail butterfly.
Thank You, "nicmike"!

Latest posts

Back