Place your bets! (Doe due on the 10th)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my cal doe Luna is due on the 10th. Her first litter she had 8, and while she was large while pregnant just WOW is she HUGE this time! Poor girl looks like she is about to blow up. She literally waddles around the cage! Today is day 27 for her, but from the look of how big she is you'd think she could kindle at any minute! So I thought I would be fun to have you guys place your bets on how many she is going to have! My guess is at least 10!

5mTcB62.jpg

GonfVVa.jpg

j0ELKOX.jpg

0tkmbDi.jpg

02M3cZ4.jpg

kLjmflU.jpg

5JlG41n.jpg

iLKqWYa.jpg

RZFwlAA.jpg

My bet is 10 :)

Although I was guessing wrong some times when my doe looked huge, but had just medium sized litters.
Hm, do any of you too observe reduced appetite about 1-2 days before kindling?

If I remember correctly, she was out of a litter of 12, her mother's next litter was 15. her father has sired litters anywhere from 9 to 15, so I say 12

One of mine is on day 32 and hungry(ier:p) as ever, but that is usual for her. I am expecting litter today or possibly tommorow.

She is also as big as yours so my bet would be 9 and above.

Well everyone. Luna kindled sometime through the night, and guess what?!

We were all WRONG! The grand total after waiting for an hour, or 2 to see if she had anymore in here was....

8! Same as her first litter. Boy did she have me fooled. With her first litter of 8 she looked pretty normal, but you could see that she did gain some weight, and this time she was so huge I thought for sure she was going to have a BIG litter, lol.

Oh well 8 is still not a bad amount, and I still happier with the kits. Some are quite a bit fatter than the others, and full of energy!

HansenHomestead":1hbdryw9 said:
Well everyone. Luna kindled sometime through the night, and guess what?!

We were all WRONG! The grand total after waiting for an hour, or 2 to see if she had anymore in here was....

8! Same as her first litter. Boy did she have me fooled. With her first litter of 8 she looked pretty normal, but you could see that she did gain some weight, and this time she was so huge I thought for sure she was going to have a BIG litter, lol.

Oh well 8 is still not a bad amount, and I still happier with the kits. Some are quite a bit fatter than the others, and full of energy!

She sure had me fooled, I thought for sure there would be more.

Latest posts

Back