Pix of John and Jill's 4 kits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKirst

Reaction score
Today they are 14 days old. :p I noticed they are starting to nibble on mom and dads poo .. I hope that's a good thing. They nibble on hay and wonder the cage and clean themselves alot. How they look ?

IMG_20121018_122827-1.jpg

IMG_20121018_122319-1.jpg

IMG_20121018_122038-1.jpg

IMG_20121018_121500-1.jpg

Do two of those kits have Rex fur?(middle two) They are very cute and that last one has the smallest ears ever!!Do they stick out sideways perhaps? He sort of reminds me of a little Holland lop!

Thanks for the replies.

I do think the two middle bunnies have rex fur like John - but I'm not sure because I've never seen any kind of baby rabbits before. Both Jill and John's parents are unknown - John is a Standard Rex and Jill non rex fur.

I thought you needed to breed two visible rex fur to get rex fur. If thats not the case then Jill does carry the rex fur gene(?) No ?

OK, I bought Jill and Jack (Jack is an Opal Mini Rex Buck) at an auction - I stood there watching every rabbit go by me, Jack went by me (I bought him he had rex fur) and then Jill went by me at the end of the auction in a same brand box as Jack and tagged with the same owner as Jack - but she didn't have rex fur. I didn't plan on buying her but I did with the thought in the back of my mind maybe she has rex fur in her. (that and she kept jumping outta the box onto me) :eek:

So could Jill be carrying the rex fur gene to get those 2 bunnies with John ? Or do the bunnies just appear at this young age to have rex fur ?

The last bunny has small but normal ears, I guess the positioning of the camera makes them look like cat ears when the bunny didn't hold them up.

MKirst":ogfc1dn2 said:
OK, I bought Jill and Jack (Jack is an Opal Mini Rex Buck) at an auction - I stood there watching every rabbit go by me, Jack went by me (I bought him he had rex fur) and then Jill went by me at the end of the auction in a same brand box as Jack and tagged with the same owner as Jack - but she didn't have rex fur. I didn't plan on buying her but I did with the thought in the back of my mind maybe she has rex fur in her. (that and she kept jumping outta the box onto me) So could Jill be carrying the rex fur gene to get those 2 bunnies with John ? Or do the bunnies just appear at this young age to have rex fur ?

I think it quite possible that Jill is a Rex cross, and so you got two babies with Rex fur. Look at their whiskers...are they slightly curly? If so, they are Rex...the only way to get Rex is for both parents to contribute it, so if the babies are Rex, then Jill is definitely a Rex cross. Oh, and did you mean "Otter" for Jack? You said "Opal"....

No, John (John is Black Otter Standard Rex - he is the dad to Jill's 4) Jill and John had these 4 babies.

Jill and Jack (Jack is an Opal Mini Rex Buck) I bought the same night at the same auction. Jill and Jack came from the same owner according to their tags on each their boxs.

MKirst":3jnx4qiv said:
No, John (John is Black Otter Standard Rex - he is the dad to Jill's 4) Jill and John had these 4 babies.

Jill and Jack (Jack is an Opal Mini Rex Buck) I bought the same night at the same auction. Jill and Jack came from the same owner according to their tags on each their boxs.

Ah, I see, ok well since Jack is MR, and they come from the same breeder, then I am willing to bet that Jill is a MR cross....she would have to be to get kits with Rex fur when bred to John, who has Rex fur.

Latest posts

Back