Pigs!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Homestead

Reaction score
We are getting pigs!! :p Yay!
Plan is to put them where the cow and sheep are now and they will turn up all the bedding for us. Less work for me! :p :oops:

They are only 4 days old right now, so we won't actually have them for another 4 weeks. They are a Yorkshire/Hampshire cross. At least that is what Dad thinks he said. :roll:

I'll be sure to post pics as soon as we get them!
Mmm... All these smilies and no pig ones?! :? :D
Well, we sure do have a farm starting! :farmer3:

Yay for piggles! Be sure to scratch their tummies for a laugh (they fall over for more scratches- at least when they're small).

My PBs only root when it rains! LOVE that about them! Since I don't have to see messy pigs and pasture when it's nice out.
If you thought falling or tripping over rabbit holes was annoying enough, try sinking into the pig pasture while carrying heavy hay or other heavy items. The pigs don't care, they will eat everything you drop or fall over with and laugh. And then laugh even harder when your boot gets stuck and you're stranded there about to fall and get muddy all over again. =D

ChickiesnBunnies":1e0fnmp2 said:
If you thought falling or tripping over rabbit holes was annoying enough, try sinking into the pig pasture while carrying heavy hay or other heavy items. The pigs don't care, they will eat everything you drop or fall over with and laugh. And then laugh even harder when your boot gets stuck and you're stranded there about to fall and get muddy all over again. =D

:? Upon futher consideration, HH has decided to leave the pigs to Mom and admire them from a distance.
:lol:

"Mom, I will do extra chores as long as you never make me go near the pigs!" :x

Heritage Homestead":28a5e2ve said:
Plan is to put them where the cow and sheep are now and they will turn up all the bedding for us. Less work for me!

Organic rototillers- no gas needed! :p

They are a Yorkshire/Hampshire cross. At least that is what Dad thinks he said.

As long as they come with bacon, who cares WHAT they are! :lol:

I'll be sure to post pics as soon as we get them!

Please do! They aren't small and cute for very long.

Pigs are so fun. I never had any problems with tripping over holes or sinking in mud, but we don't get much rain so we could keep the wet area contained and away from where we had to walk to get to the hay bin or feed trough.

Latest posts

Back