Pictures

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali

Reaction score
I thought I would share some pictures since I haven't in a while.

One of the 5 week old kits.. What color is this? Mom is REW and dad is copper. Some of the babies look like dad, some like mom, and three like this.
SR2kit5wks.jpg

Californian doe.. she still doesn't have a name. She's due May 14.
caldoe.jpg

Oliver the Californian buck. This guy is a big ham, such a sweet boy.
oliverbunz.jpg

Rhett the Satin buck, dad of the kit pictured above
rhett.jpg

My friend's mini-rex, Juliet, who lives here. Her mom comes by every couple of weeks to visit her.
juliet.jpg

inside.jpg

You can see Scarlett the white Satin doe and some more kits in this one
fromoutside.jpg

And here is Bonnie, who is supposed to be going to a pet home tomorrow. She almost died after being bred the first time, and then didn't get pregnant two months in a row, but she has an outstanding temperament so I am giving her to someone who just wants a pet. I will miss having her around, she is just the sweetest bun, unfortunately I have such limited cage space I can't keep her. If we had a bigger house I might bring her in as a house bunny, but it's just not an option with our current arrangement. Sigh. :(
601844_10151698024536622_473741665_n.jpg

I love your Oliver- he is just too handsome!

You've got a wonderful setup there. Thanks for the pics.

Beautiful all 'round~ the bunnies, the set up, the pics! Keem em coming..it's delightful to see how folks house n raise their rabbits!

Thank you guys! I'm glad you like them. I looove our setup too. Hubby did such a great job. Did I mention it's built mostly from free materials?? :D we paid for the roofing stuff but the rest was freeeeeeee (my favorite price!)

Very cool little set-up! I use as many free and reclaimed materials that I can as well.

One thing I notice... or don't notice... are resting boards.

Other than that, lookin great!

hehe yeah, I need to order some real resting boards. I took out the ratty pieces of cardboard that are acting as resting places until I get some actual resting mats, took the photos, then put in some new cardboard. Unsightly but functional, for now.

Cali, just another thought on the resting boards. Since you like to re-purpose (like me :)), look around for some ceramic tile leftovers. A big 12 x 12 tile makes a great resting board. The bonus is it can be cleaned easily and kept a lot longer than cardboard. I found ours at a yard sale.

That's a great idea, Marinea. I will keep an eye out for some! Do you have any issues with them moving around a bunch in the cage? I'd think the ceramic would be heavier and I worry about little toes getting caught under the tile if it gets shifted.

Check Habitat For Humanity. They sell individual 12"x12" ceramic tiles for 50 cents a tile at the one near me. Would be perfect for what your after.

Great pics by the way

jollysrabbits":1lua7o4p said:
is bonnie a "american" if not what is her breed? Beveren?

She's a Satin :)

Well her pet home fell through so she's here a bit longer. I don't know if I should try to breed her again or not. It's been about two months since the last attempt.

Thank you! I think she's really pretty, too. If only I could get some babies from her!

Latest posts

Back