pictures of 2 deformed kits.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiegirl

Reaction score
One of my 1st time Does had her litter this morning with 5 healthy live kits & 2 deformed babies which were still born.

1 baby had an extremely long head and the other baby had a poorly developed face with a small mouth and nodule of some sort (maybe a third ear) on top of it's head.

Picture 104.jpg

Picture 105.jpg

Picture 108.jpg

Wow, that is really interesting.
If you still have them, they can be preserved in rubbing alcohol...That is, if you have any interest in marketing them as pathological specimens.)

What breed/s were the parents?

alforddm":24ksdy0n said:
There is a "livestock born different" group on facebook. People on that group often offer to buy specimens like this if they are preserved.

After I took the pictures I put them in my rabbit freezer lying flat on the shelf until I decided what to do with them (too much of a rare occurrence to be fed to the cats).

I'm not sure where to buy rubbing alcohol (I might contact my local vet to see if they can spare some), and can this still be done if they have been frozen?. Also, I'm not sure if that facebook group is available in Australia.

Wouldn't have a clue who else to ask if they would want these babies.

The Mother is Californian x New Zealand White
The Father is Californian (he has sired several litters with no issues)

here in the US, rubbing alcohol is in every pharmacy and every grocery store, as well as almost every dollar store in the country. maybe you folks call it something else?

aussiegirl":24p0ewqv said:
1 baby had an extremely long head and the other baby had a poorly developed face with a small mouth and nodule of some sort (maybe a third ear) on top of it's head.

I had a kit like that once!

post220075.html?hilit=deformities#p220075

Someone recently posted one like it on a FaceBook group, and one of the people who responded said that the "third ear" is the brain stem. :?

Latest posts

Back