Pics of the rabbitry.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CochinBrahmaLover

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Hope all is well.

I just wanted to show yall the newest additions to my rabbitry.
At this moment I am breeding: cinnamons, silver fox, champagne dargents, and jersey woollies. Luckily I have the kindest woman ever mentoring me.

mr4oyYy.jpg

614tZ7K.jpg

My 2 dargents. They were a spur moment purchase. We brought my goats out to a friends house who raises these guys and my mom was like "hey you want those rabbits?" No idea why. I've sold most of my chickens so I guess she saw I really wanted to focus on rabbits or something. These guys were fairly expensive, but the doe is old enough to be bred. So I bred her to my silver fox buck. He only got one covering but I'm hoping that's enough. Will just sell the babies $20 ea. to recoup some costs as meat mutts.
y8nAvIV.jpg

OsUZJOz.jpg

The jerseys. They're both a bit older, but I hopefully got the doe bred. Just left the buck & doe together for a few hours. Once I get my large run set up, I hope to leave them together for 2-3 weeks. They're both very friendly & calm with each other & seem to be bonded. The buck has gotten lazy in his old age haha. He's the REW. And yes, I gave the girl that lovely haircut LOL.
xjjoz4b.jpg

9giwI4e.jpg

My silver fox! The buck comes from a chocolate buck & black doe and has chocolate in his pedigree. The doe has a lot of chocolate & blue in her pedigree. Is it possible to get lilac from this pairing do you think? Only another month before I can breed these guys, I'm very excited for the colors I'll be getting.
05bxur7.jpg

This is Flaxen, my cinnamon doe. I'm getting a buck nest week. I'm very excited! She only has another month before I can breed her, and I'm hoping the buck is older than I think so I can breed the 2 together. I put her with my silver fox buck today because she's a VERY loving doe and I was wondering if maybe she was ready (she's only 3 months but I'm eager OK) but alas she wasn't. Next month though!
RkN73C1.jpg

And I'm also starting a mutt mix line. I'm hoping to breed small rabbits for snake/reptile feeders. She's only 2lbs and once I confirm she's healthy (her bottom looks swollen, could just be from ammonia / dirty cage but I'm not yet comfortable breeding her) I will breed her to my REW buck. He's genetically a broken chestnut. She is a Charlie tort.

And I don't mean to go too far off on a tangent but.. Any ideas what I'll get? I know her genotype is aaB_C_D_ ee. The REW buck would be
A_B_ccD_E_Enen right? Cause, Enen causes broken right? So why wouldnt the Charlie tort be EnEn? Someone else just told me her genotype, I figured out the bucks on my own by googling agouti genotype and adding in the REW & the broken myself haha.
When the REW was paired with an otter, they produced sables, brokens & greys

Ok it's late (like 1am) sorry for any mistakes, thanks for any help, and enjoy the pics!

Those are nice looking rabbits :)

I'm not sure I would breed a Charlie to a broken... of course if they're just going to be young feeders, I guess it won't matter, but I think you can get genetically weird stuff and probably mostly white kits anyway.

I bred a lightly marked tri color back to her broken dad and I don't see any color on the kits, except for one that might be a broken chestnut.

Love the markings on the Champagne ;) I have one Creme d'argent and she has a little mohawk of color. It's too funny.

I saw some cinnamons on CL and if they were closer I would own them... they were beautiful rabbits.

Very nice group. The JW look very relaxed, lol. They are my only breed I will leave together for an extended time. The seem to love company, more so than the other breeds I've had.

you shouldn't get anything weird from breeding a charlie to a broken. If the broken is heavy marked, you still have the potential to get fairly well marked brokens. Modifiers are at work, you won't know what you have until you do.

skysthelimit":2bnj745l said:
Very nice group. The JW look very relaxed, lol. They are my only breed I will leave together for an extended time. The seem to love company, more so than the other breeds I've had.

you shouldn't get anything weird from breeding a charlie to a broken. If the broken is heavy marked, you still have the potential to get fairly well marked brokens. Modifiers are at work, you won't know what you have until you do.

Thanks! They are. The dwarves have all been very relaxed. Jerseys & Hollands. For my Hollands I just would put the 2 in the bathroom for the weekend and a month later, babies!

Thanks heritage & Susie. Yeah I've heard Charlie's are genetically weak, which is why I wasn't going to breed her unless I could find, ahem, short forever homes lol.
The dargents are lovely. Super soft coat.

Awww, all your rabbits are gorgeous. :D
Finally I at least have one of my own...not having a bun for 2 months has been driving me crazy! :mrgreen:

Thanks yall! Will update with pics when I get my cinnamon buck!

And haha yeah hate not having bunnies.. I went a little crazy with mine!

Back