Picky, Picky Eater ...:(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Slightly over a week ago... we took back a rabbit that had been sold as a pet 18 months ago.
( remind me Not to ever again sell pets ...)

The bun was an "only child" pet... and the people bought the feed from WM that has the pretty colored pieces in it. ( junk food kind of feed)
The issue us.... she absolutely refuses to eat any of our feed. She will deign to nibble on the long stem hay... but That is All.

I'm wondering how long a rabbit will hold out with their dietary preferences ? and at what cost to Her.?

I've moved her to where she can see the other rabbits merrily eating Their feed... in hopes that would encourage her to dine as they do.

Really hoping for suggestions to get her eating. Thanks. :)

( posted here as this subject just did not seem to Fit in the feeding forum... )

English spot has it..lots of hay will keep her gut moving while her tastes change...like going from an M&M diet to steak and salad.. :)

agree with lots of hay, but keep a close eye on her. Sometimes bunnies are picky because of digestive issues, not plain orneriness. I don't like seeing a horse or rabbit off their feed.

Parsley is an appetite stimulant- I would offer her some of that as well. It can be fresh or dried. If you go with the molasses idea, I would toss the pellets with the parsley so it will stick. Oats and BOSS on the side just so she eats something other than mostly hay would be a good idea.

Thank You for the various suggestions....
I believe she is finally starting to nibble the pellets.
Still prefers the hay... but maybe after a week... she is getting bored with that....
We shall see. :) <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:09 pm __________ <br /><br /> She seems to have Finally decided that eating can be a good thing ! At least the pellets are disappearing....
Yay and Yippie !!!!!

:cheer1:

Latest posts

Back