Pedigrees

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WildWolf":1wexhit1 said:
Where can you learn the standard of perfection for a breed?

ARBA has the Standard of Perfection for each breed. Costs about $20.00. I, however, joined a club who specializes on Lion heads and in their handbook is their SOP.

If you contact ARBA or even go to a show, you can get a copy of it.

Karen<br /><br />__________ Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:18 pm __________<br /><br />
ZRabbits":1wexhit1 said:
WildWolf":1wexhit1 said:
Where can you learn the standard of perfection for a breed?

ARBA has the Standard of Perfection for each breed. Costs about $20.00. I, however, joined a club who specializes on Lion heads and in their handbook is their SOP.

If you contact ARBA or even go to a show, you can get a copy of it.

Karen

eta: Will be doing the same thing with my Flemish. Will know what the SOP is for that breed as well.

OK, thanks. I think I'm just going to get purebred rabbits to begin with.
But for the 4th generation thing... to get a purebred offspring from a mixed breed, you have to breed it to a purebred, then breed their offspring (gen 2, right?) to a purebred, and then breed their offspring (gen 3) to a purebred, and then finally breed their offspring (gen 4) to a purebreed...and their offspring would be purebred, right?

WildWolf":vtfi642b said:
OK, thanks. I think I'm just going to get purebred rabbits to begin with.
But for the 4th generation thing... to get a purebred offspring from a mixed breed, you have to breed it to a purebred, then breed their offspring (gen 2, right?) to a purebred, and then breed their offspring (gen 3) to a purebred, and then finally breed their offspring (gen 4) to a purebreed...and their offspring would be purebred, right?

Right. That's my understanding as well.

Karen

MamaSheepdog":34gfajkv said:
In three generations you will have your own pedigree on the rabbits you breed.

Question : IF you have a 1/2 Nz and breed to a 1/2 Nz then technically wouldnt they still be only 1/2 Nz?? to increase the % you woulld have to add a purebred to the mix for the next 3 generations??? Right ??? lol help

Cindi Davis":1u41lf6k said:
MamaSheepdog":1u41lf6k said:
In three generations you will have your own pedigree on the rabbits you breed.

Question : IF you have a 1/2 Nz and breed to a 1/2 Nz then technically wouldnt they still be only 1/2 Nz?? to increase the % you woulld have to add a purebred to the mix for the next 3 generations??? Right ??? lol help

You would definitely have to add a purebred for the next 3 generations.

Karen

I thought you could take a half breed and call it whichever breed you want, so as long as the other breeds are off the edge...you're all good.

You gotta get the other breeds off the ped first, and to do that you need a pure bred some where.

Latest posts

Back